x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS: (US) Used MP800 and Accessories

abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 11:26 PM
#
As you all know, Rich Hawley liquidated some very nice MP800's a short while back. I bought one, and it is a very good machine but unfortunately I cannot afford nor justify keeping it. I would like to pass it on to another HPC Factor member for safe keeping. I paid around $45 for the machine itself, and $90 for the battery and AC adapter from AlanCompuTech, so I would like to recover at least $130 for the machine and accessories. However, to sweeten the deal I will include a 802.11b Compact Flash card (Dlink DCF660W) and a PCMCIA Compact Flash adapter. I will accept the best offer PMed to me on HPC Factor or emailed to me personally.

Payment will be by PayPal only, and I would prefer to only ship in the continental US for cost and shipping's sake. If you have a special need, drop me a PM and I will see what I can do. I ship via USPS or FedEx at the buyer's discretion. Either method is fast, and is nearby. I do not ship via UPS simply because it is farther away, and is generally slower and more expensive for buyers. Shipping should be about $10 US, if it is anymore I will cover the difference (within the US at least!).

If you would like me to post pictures of the items please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember that this unit is from the batch Rich sold, which does still have the protective plate affixed to the back, and may have minor blemishes on it. I haven't had any issues with the machine, but I have no current use for it. I will of course reset the device, erasing all data currently on the machine, before I ship it. I can say that it runs AOL instant messenger, Splatter, Internet Explorer, as well as ListPro (obtained from HPC factor) very well. I have also had success using USB thumb drives on this machine through use of the Japanese USB driver for the MP800. This machine is perfect for writer's on the go, with the large screen and keyboard to boot.

Specifications:

H/PC Pro
MIPS 131mhz
24mb ROM
32mb RAM
9.4" 800x600 Display
1 USB port
1 Type II PC Card Slot
1 Type II CompactFlash slot
Touch Typable Keyboard (78-key)

This auction includes the following items:

• MP800 System (From Rich Hawley's batch. Looks to be from an elementary school. Very well kept.)

• Stylus (Looks to be the original.)

• MP800 Battery (From Alancomputech, search forums for details.)

• Refurbished AC adapter (From Alancomputech, search forums for details.)

• DCF660W Wireless CF Card (This card works with the Prism reference driver under H/PC Pro, and is in the HCL)

• CF to PCMCIA Adapter Card (This allows you to use the DCF660W in the PCMCIA slot, or any other CF for that matter)

Remember, the best offer will be taken at the end of the auction, October 6th, 2006. I may discriminate slightly based on post count for my safety, as I am familiar with many of you all, but not so much with some of the newer folks. This may sound unfair, but I regard post count like eBay's feedback.

Thanks, and happy bidding!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-09-30 12:12 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Check PM please.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-10-03 5:48 PM
#
I just realized something important. I do not have the serial cable for the device. Just a heads up to any bidders.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-03 6:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, but the same serial cable is used with the 770, 780, and 790, as well as the Casio PA-2400 series. So anyone with one of those devices won't need another serial cable.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-10-03 6:53 PM
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-10-03 10:10 PM
#
Exactly. 3 more days until this one closes!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-03 11:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You gonna get another H/PC, abyssknight? We don't know if you're coming or going.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-10-04 12:10 AM
#
Not sure just yet. All I know is that I haven't used my MP800 since after the first month I had it. I still have my piddle-pee-cee, as well as a hankering for gadgets... so who knows, a J720 may be in my future someday.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-10-09 9:44 PM
#
Auction has ended. Still going to take offers as I've yet to recieve any bids.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-10 5:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

We're not going to let you leave the H/PC world.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 6:20 PM
#
lol
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8