x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hitachi hpw-50pa and truemobile 1150

btong
btong Page Icon Posted 2006-10-01 10:20 PM
#
Hi everyone, this is my first post, so if the question has been asked before, please forgive me. I have a Hitachi HPW-50PA and a dell truemobile 1150 wifi card. I tried a couple years ago (before I discover this site) to install wifi driver, but failed. Now, since I discover this site, I am trying to see if I can get wifi working again. Can anyone tell me if they have success getting this card to work with handheld pc with win ce 2.0? If so, can you tell me the steps? Secondly, I lost my serial cable to my handheld pc, any way to install the drivers and SP1 through a CF card? Thanks.

Edited by btong 2006-10-01 10:24 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-10-01 10:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Check the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) here http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
 Top of the page
btong
btong Page Icon Posted 2006-10-01 11:31 PM
#
i did, but couldn't find anything. Someone from another thread said this the truemobile 1150 is the same as a orinoco gold wifi card.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 3:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I have vague recollections of seeing this said in a few eBay listings for the TrueMobile card, but I can't say for sure. However, the only way to find out is to install the Lucent WaveLAN driver for Windows CE 2.0 and then try the card. (See the Lucent WaveLAN or Agere ORiNOCO card listings in the the Hardware Compatibility List, and click on "Notes & Downloads" just below the listing of either card. This will reveal download links for the driver.) Yes, you can install the driver via the CF card (using the CAB file) IIRC. I'm not sure about the CE 2.0 SP1.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 8:24 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek, I believe some (if not all) of the CE 2.0 SP1 setup files have CABS to install them.. You'd just have to extract them from the ActiveSync folder still I think... Oh, btong, after you install CE 2.0 SP1, make sure you install the network service pack.. http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/patching/ce20/nsp/
The NSP has Cabs avaliable to download..
 Top of the page
btong
btong Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 8:38 AM
#
Does it matter which SP1 I use? My device is a hitachi, which is not listed there. I have installed the casio version, after that I tried to install the NSP but it won't let me, a pop up saying setup cannot be completed at this time. I have also installed the lucent driver, but how do I know if my card is working? Does it automatically detect nearby networks after I insert the card or further setup is required?

Edited by btong 2006-10-02 9:32 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 2:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

all the SP1 stuff have CABs, no worries there. i don't think the SP1 is very different between the different OEM's. C:Amie?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 2:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I guess you would just have to get the right processor one, but C:Amie, as you said, cmonex, may be of help
 Top of the page
btong
btong Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 5:54 PM
#
I've installed SP1, and seems like it's working. But no luck with the wifi card yet, when I insert it, a msg pops up asking me to name the card or "Network card" by default. After I press OK, nothing happens... When you plug in the card, does it light up immediately?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 5:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

btong, did you install the CE2 Network Service Pack?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 6:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The OEM binaries are provided from us to keep people happy. They are IDENTICAL apart from the read-me files in a couple of cases. You can use any of them.

btong, you need to specify the name of the driver dll in that box, tapping OK without giving it a dll tells the system to ignore the hardware device. You can find the driver dll name in the notes section for the orinoco (I assume you installed the orinoco gold driver from the HCL) in the HCL.
 Top of the page
btong
btong Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 6:40 PM
#
Great leap forward!!! After I typed in WVLAN46.dll, it recognized the card! And the LEDs lit up. Unfortunately, I was unable to install CE2 Network Sevice Pack, it won't let me. Now, how do I connect to my home wireless network? Currently, my router has a hidden SSID in OPEN 64bit WEP in ASCII. I tried to put in my SSID in "WaveLAN Network Name" under wavelan setting in control panel and the password under Encryption. Still can't get on yet.
 Top of the page
btong
btong Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 6:48 PM
#
OK, I got it to work!!! Finally!! Thanks to everyone who helped! In return I am going to write up step by step instruction on getting wifi working on CE 2, so that it will help someone who has the same problem like me. Thanks again!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8