x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 vibrant display driver

pete Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 9:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I got a Jornada 680 a while ago and have only just started really using it. As standard the display is only capable of 256 colours on screen at once, but I noticed that on the Hewlett Packard website there is an update called 'Vibrant Display Driver' which is supposed to improve this. I followed their instructions, downloaded it, replaced the file and performed a soft reset, but I am not noticing any difference. Am I missing something?

Appreciate any help given. I've scanned through the forums here and haven't found anyone mentioning this before, but apologies if I've overlooked something blindingly obvious...

Thanks,

Pete.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 3:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

pocket IE wont show any difference, try to view an image in a third party image viewer
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 4:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There is a DLL for "65k colors on the Jornada 680." I have it myself. IIRC, I put it in \Windows in my 680, and soft reset, and I didn't really notice a difference either. Maybe it's these old eyes of mine.
 Top of the page
jmgunzel Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 4:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

If I may... I don't have an HP 6xx, but I have a Mobilepro and an HP 54x. I remember that it's important to go to control panel (I hope that's what it's called in all implementations?), and "display" (or some such) and pick something like a "color depth" or something like that.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 4:45 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Um, I think the control panel option is only on actual PCs, but I could be wrong..
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Small Tweak is supposed to allow PocketIE to display 65,536 colors.

http://tillanosoft.com/ce/stweak.html

(I think the color depth control panel may be a Mobilepro thing - under Mobilepro settings)
 Top of the page
pete Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 6:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi All,

Many thanks for the replies. Yes I've performed the installation as HP specify on their website & in the readme file included in the download, but it doesn't make any difference. I'm glad its not just me that has experienced no gain from this update.

I did look in the display options in the Control Panel but there is not an option for setting the colour depth

It does specify that it may only work in certain applications including PocketIE and HP Viewer but as yet I haven't found a difference.

I will investigate the tweak that Desertway has mentioned and see if that makes a difference.

Again, thanks all for the polite and kind replies.

Cheers,

Pete
 Top of the page
pete Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 7:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

UPDATE: I can confirm that using the SmallTweak control panel applet and enabling the use of 65,535 colours in P-IE has made a difference.

My wallpaper is now in all its glory!

SmallTweak is like TweakUI when it was first created on Windows 98! Fantastic tool.

Thanks all!

Pete.
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 9:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I cant wait to try it on my 820!

The Other Pete!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-07 1:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, Tillanosoft came out with some cool tools for CE. SmallTweak was one of the best.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 12