x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 web browsers

pete Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 9:58 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi

And for my second daft question of the day... I'm struggling to find a web browser which is vaguely up-to-date and that will run on my HPC. I've tried the Mozilla one which has been mentioned elsewhere but I couldn't get it to start. I assume that there are no updates to the built-in PocketIE? I've searched with Google but have not come up with anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Pete.
 Top of the page
pete Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

UPDATE: I have looked further and this seems to be a 'sore' area for HPC users, my apologies for bringing up this topic yet again.

I do quite a lot of development for Windows using VB & C++, I will look into the possibilities of getting a project started and post back. I can see one of the initial problems is going to be the rendering of pages; as time has moved on and pages have gotten more and more complex, the rendering engine has to handle so much more now.

Thanks,

Pete.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 2:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

There is one update for PIE on HPC Pro devices, if your device does not already have it installed, it adds 128bit encryption to PIE..
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0107.asp
download here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-10-06 2:30 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

pete - 2006-10-06 6:26 PM

UPDATE: I have looked further and this seems to be a 'sore' area for HPC users, my apologies for bringing up this topic yet again.

I do quite a lot of development for Windows using VB & C++, I will look into the possibilities of getting a project started and post back. I can see one of the initial problems is going to be the rendering of pages; as time has moved on and pages have gotten more and more complex, the rendering engine has to handle so much more now.

Thanks,

Pete.

sore area? hey it is not a forbidden topic

your 680 has no options unfortunately if it had a MIPS processor you'd have two better alternatives.
and if it iwere hpc2000, again there would be alternatives.
and cenet hpc's have very good browsers by default

anyway if you do start coding let us know!!

Edited by cmonex 2006-10-06 3:21 PM
 Top of the page
pete Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi

Thank you for the polite and kind replies. I have installed the 128bit encryption update that is on this website and that has made a slight difference.

Well I've looked into coding a web browser and it is certainly something I will give some serious thought to, but however I have many projects on the go at the moment so it may be a while before I get down to some serious work on the project. Naturally I will keep this forum updated on any progress I make, & if and when a version is available post it here first

I hope I can help all those users out there with cherished machines that have been forgotten by Microsoft and the 'big players'.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks,

Pete.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9