x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

hydroking Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 6:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Has anyone had any luck installing MovianVPN for HPC2000?

I had ver 2 working previously on my Intermec 6651; but after a hard reset, I couldn't find my original installer. So I downloaded ver 3.0 for HPC2000, but when I run the exe during ActiveSync the setup program states that the hpc is an unsupported device?

I tried expanding the exe, to see if I could just grad the cab file, but no luck - there were 2 cab files (data1 and data2), that are non-ce files?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 6:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

data# are InstallShield Compressed redists, and use InstallShield's on compression technology, not Microsofts.
Have a search around the forum as I'm pretty sure there are other topics on this.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 10:49 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

My answer will probably not be of much help for you. Yes, I successfully installed the VPN client to Jornada. I remember that the installation was plain nad simple. It took two steps. In frst step the software itself was installed in the next step the licenses. It was version 3. I don't remember whether I did it through ActiveSync or directly. I don't remember whether it was in main memory or CF card, either.

There's a company (I think in Ireland) which is reselling and supporting it. You'l find about it on Certicon web pages.

BTW: Where have you found the download?

Edited by vjurkas 2005-02-21 10:50 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

did you try just installing the program with activesync without your hpc connected? after that you should be able to find a folder (in activesync's folder or elsewhere) where you'll find the cab files.
if you just extract the exe, you often find only data1 and data2..

sorry if you already tried that or if it was too obvious.
 Top of the page
hydroking Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 12:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks, C:Amie...I'll search the forums for info on the Data# cab files.

As for the download, I got it through the link on Handheld Attitude to Purdue University. The installer came with a license. I'm interested to get this installed and see if the license is just for evaluation, or if it is an unlimited license issued to the university.

If I continue to have trouble getting this installed, I may try VPN-1, which I also saw linked off of Handheld Attitude. Is anyone familiar with this client?

Thanks, again.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 1:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

VPN-1 is Check Point, isn't it'?
 Top of the page
hydroking Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 1:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex, thanks...

I did try the activesync install without being connected, but the cab file was not created in the setup folder (only the icon, pdf manual, and policy installer)...what is odd is that the setup program gave the standard response that the program would be stored for installtion during the next connection, but not only was the cab file not created, it was also not added to the add/remove programs list off activesync.

Could the physical link method to activesync make a difference? Lately, I only sync via wifi lan connection (love that speed) as opposed to usb or serial...

Thanx.
 Top of the page
hydroking Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, VPN-1 is from CheckPoint Software. I downloaded the installer and pdf guide, but have not looked it over as of yet.

On a side note, I've just got the adobe reader installed, and it is fantastic - the only problem is that it disables by usb mouse - but I can live with that...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 2:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Some software is distributed without ActiveSync intevention, it just needs the connection conduit to push the cabs up to a device, launch a remote deamon which initialises the installer. PlanMaker being an example.

Check in the system Temp %SYSTEMROOT%\Temp and in the user temp under NT systems:
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and settings\\local settings\temp

%SYSTEMROOT%\Profiles\Temp - under WinNT4

Also directly under %Systemdrive%\Program Files as not all installers put the cabs in Microsoft ActiveSync\Appname.

If you are having issues with reader, more the ppc0mfc3.dll, the aygshell and doc list files into the same directory as the acrobat .exe and soft reset.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 3:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Although you would better check out the VPN-1 CheckPoint client I'll give you a general hint. The CABs are probably stored somewhere in another directory but there sometimes is another way. If a PDA software is delivered in an EXE form there is a chance that you can open EXE file with a ZIP software. Of course, if the EXE is just a self-extracting ZIP file. It is worth trying. Right-mouse-click on the EXE and "Open with WinZip".

I am not sure if this is your case - it's a general approach; use it if you want to avoid blind installation of unknown software.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 9:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi hydroking,

i've just installed movianVPN. there wasn't any problems. the cab file has also been created. problem is that it's for ARM cpu... intermec has a MIPS cpu...
but i've found another link and there you can find the mips cab file after install! link is:
http://rz.hs-harz.de/index.php?id=173

hope i could help!

now my problem about this VPN client.. if i could only figure out how to create a policy! someone?
i neved used VPN but i want to now
thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

is VPN-1 better than movianVPN? hmm... will look into that too
 Top of the page
hydroking Page Icon Posted 2005-02-24 8:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I talked to WorldNet21 about support with installation for HPC2000 (they have obtained the software rights from Certicom to distribute, support and update the software - as Certicom is discontinuing it). They were not of much help. They would not offer support regarding the ver. 3 that I was trying to install, as they are up to version 4.1. They said that ver. 4.1 for PPC2003 would work for HPC2000.

They are not offering an evaluation version to test out, and the full price is $135US. I think I will test out VPN-1 in the meantime, it is a freeware client and also includes a software firewall (we'll have to see if it plays nice with Portrait and imov messanger).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-24 9:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Right... well unless they mean that the PPC2003 redist has a HPC2000 build in it. The PPC2003 version won't work under HPC2000. Completly different code base. CE4 apps don't run under CE3.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-24 11:19 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-02-24 3:14 AM

now my problem about this VPN client.. if i could only figure out how to create a policy! someone?
i neved used VPN but i want to now
thanks.

I do not understand your situation If you want to use VPN you must connect to a VPN server (Do you have one in mind?). The administrator of the server will create you access to it and will also give you all the necessary information about the policy.

Unless you want to be the administrator....
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 13