x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

bsquare phh and gprs settigns

aefelix
aefelix Page Icon Posted 2006-10-13 8:49 AM
#
Hi all.
I recently bought 2 phh and i'm really surprised about its power and tech specs(for the price i pay of course).
Yust a couple of questions.
1. i setup my internet gprs account and i noticed that the connection is very slow (it indicaters 28800 as connection speed) is it normal or i'm wrong with something?
2. I also setup mail accoutn from wich i can receive email but i'm unable to receive. (i'm sure that settings are correct i tried them on my qtek 9000). is there some tricks to force the phh to receive mails?
Thanks in advance.
Massimo
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-13 8:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey, dont care about the 28800... that's just a number.. it is faster with vodafone HU at least it just always says that speed.
about the emails, what is the error message?

btw i also have two bsquare phh's and a qtek 9000 hard to tell which is better... really.. even though qtek has wifi, bt, 3g built in
 Top of the page
aefelix
aefelix Page Icon Posted 2006-10-13 9:31 AM
#
No i really dont care about numbers but is really slowwwwwww....to tell you the truth if i need to sell a unit i certanly sell my qtek...(speedy connection slow everythingelse, and orrid interface....) the error message is : error sending message unexpected smtp server error
Thanks in advance your help is highly appreciated.
Massimo

Edited by aefelix 2006-10-13 9:36 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-13 10:42 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

are you sure you set up the smtp server correctly?

btw if it needs smtp auth, maybe you could try npop or qmail3 - but i doubt that's the problem with downloading emails, i never had a problem with receiving even though the smtp had to be authenticated (only sending was a problem until i installed npop)

hehe, so bsquare beats qtek 9000 for you not surprising.. i'm keeping mine though because it looks so nice and i love 3G but the bsquare is more comfortable otherwise.. except maybe keyboard is a little better on qtek.

btw where did you get TWO of the bsquare's at once?
 Top of the page
aefelix
aefelix Page Icon Posted 2006-10-13 2:18 PM
#
I didnt bought two in one place , but they arrives one day after another. one bought off ebay (150 euros) and another on one italian forum ( 135 euros). I dont know if i pay too much, but now after using it for a week or so i must admit that despite of some minor glitches i think that is one of the best bargain I ever done. Returning to email my problem is when sending. I receive mail perfectly.
Thanks
Massimo
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-13 6:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh OK you said you were unable to receive does the smtp require authentication? any typos? could you try it with npop or qmail3?

yes definitely very good for the price! the prices you paid are the normal price for it, i guess it is cheap because it is not a pocketpc and no one knows just how much better CE is than pocketpc.

what glitches? there are some little hacks to solve them, for example there's a nice gprsmonitor, a backlight hack, and a lot more stuff on these forums here. you can even hide the vodafone logo or even the today screen altogether if you wish so.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-13 6:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

btw do both of your bsquare's have msn messenger?
 Top of the page
aefelix
aefelix Page Icon Posted 2006-10-14 3:30 AM
#
...yes both...but why are you asking? (there are dofferent versions of phh?).
 Top of the page
aefelix
aefelix Page Icon Posted 2006-10-14 5:43 AM
#
Yust another question despite of connection speed reported (28800) I always have a lot of errors reported in the connection dialog window. (about 30 errors receiving and 60 sending for about 100 k of data received and sent) is this normal?
Thanks in advance.
massimo

ps. I checked with 2 different sim from different operators...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-14 11:18 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah there are two rom versions, the older is rare and that doesnt have msn messenger

dont care about the errors you can see the same error report on your pc if you look for it.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8