x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 360LX and Generic IrDA Driver - Which COM Port?

SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 1:50 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

So, I've managed to get the Generic IrDA driver to work just fine on my MobilePro 880 without trouble, but I can't seem to get it to work on my HP 360LX - none of the available COM ports (COM3 through COM6) are working.

Since it's only got a serial port and the IrDA port, and no modem, I'm guessing the IrDA is on COM2. Is there a version of the IrDA driver available for COM2?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 6:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The 320LX and most hp devices that I've tested are Com3.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-15 9:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

SirThoreth - 2006-10-15 7:50 AM

Since it's only got a serial port and the IrDA port, and no modem, I'm guessing the IrDA is on COM2. Is there a version of the IrDA driver available for COM2?

you can determine that by looking in the registry for example, not by guesswork

you can never know without checking.. the nec 900 has it on COM6 for example.

one thing is for sure, i've been able to get the 36l0x (mc16) to talk to a mobile phone via infrared via COM3 what about deleting all the crap from the registry (this "driver" is essentially a registry modification) or maybe a hard reset if you feel that's easier, and creating COM3 and only COM3 again. once i did manage to confuse a hpc with it.

also, which phone is this? possibly the problem is not the reghack, but the phone the way to get the phone to work may vary through the different CE versions (general rule, the older, the harder to get it to work )
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 26