x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Casio PA-2400W problems ...

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-10-16 2:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm having a number of problems with the Casio PA-2400W that I've not had with my other handhelds.

1) Very often the screen is unworkable and I have to re-calibrate.

2) Very often when I turn the device on, it gives me the message that there is a problem with the storage card (I have a brand new CF card, loaded with most of the programs I use on the Casio).

3) troubles synching (this problem I've had with HP 360lx, but the Casio while synching a file over to My Documents from the laptop will actually do a soft-reset by itself)

4) sometimes, with installing cabs or installing a program with activesync, the program while installing tells me there is a CAB file missing. This especially happens when I try to install to the CF card or when I am installing a cab file from the CF card.

5) The Casio just turned itself on and is now trying to sync. I did not turn it own. There was an alarm noise and it just put itself on.

6) How do you turn off the internal alarms that go with Pocket Outlook??? I don't use the Casio for days but it sits there turned off and blinking a red light.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-16 4:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i guess the screen is bad luck..
maybe format the cf card once more, to fat16
dont make cabs read only, ce 2.0-2.11 hates that. and usually i copy the cabs to ram before installing, i noticed at least ce 2.0 prefers that.

that's all my ideas for now :/
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2006-10-16 5:50 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

quiche - 2006-10-16 2:44 PM

I'm having a number of problems with the Casio PA-2400W that I've not had with my other handhelds.

I'm not sure this is going to be of much help, but have you downloaded all the available drivers for your PA-2400W? Casio was quite good in coming up with fixes for bugs. You can get them here: http://www.casio.com/support/driverdownloads/industrialdevices.htm

I'd also look at the PA-2400U drivers, expecially Service Pack 1, which may help with some of your problems.

Hope this helps,

Rick
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-10-16 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks all. I downloaded the Casio files. Project for next weekend I think.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-17 4:45 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

To disable the alarm, all you gotta do is open up the event on the Calendar and uncheck the "Reminder" box.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-10-17 4:49 AM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-10-17 7:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2006-10-17 4:45 AM

To disable the alarm, all you gotta do is open up the event on the Calendar and uncheck the "Reminder" box.

Thanks, CEGeek
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-18 1:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That'll be a dollar, please. (Just kidding - glad to help.)
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-10-22 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Okay, I think it was a bad CF card. It is in my desktop now - and taking forever to copy files from it to the hard drive.

Next question - does the PA-2400W charge the rechargeable batteries? I have my new batteries in the device - but no light is on to show it is charging. And when I go into Control Panel - the Power properties doesn't show that there are batteries in the device.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-10-22 8:19 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

What I have discovered is that the PA-2400W only takes AA alkaline batteries - not rechargeable and it doesn't charge them.

Has anyone found different?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9