x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

media players - networking

dgg
dgg Page Icon Posted 2006-10-17 11:58 AM
#
I have a whack of mp3s on shared folders and an old touchscreen Pencentra 130 - looks like a wicked touchscreen mp3 player to me.

but...

can see the shares and everything, but WMP 1.2 can't access them - anyone know how to do this?

alternatively, is there a skinnable media player that can do this? I've tried just about everything for ce 2.11 - the closest seems to be hum, but the buttons are a little small.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-17 12:58 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

dgg, WMP1.2 cannot be set to individual open files, you need to create playlists for it.

TCPMP is a good network player, but no skins yet.

Hum is skinable - there is an alternative skin in the themes section for it, you can also make your own: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0073.asp
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-17 2:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, you can start individual tracks from the other end, by double-clicking on their icons in "My Handheld PC." But AFAIK you'd have to download them to the H/PC first. (I don't know if this is possible remotely or not.) This of course assumes that the device already associates MP3 files with WMP. If not, you can install and use the File Associate utility in the Plus! pack for H/PC Pro.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-10-17 2:12 PM
 Top of the page
dgg
dgg Page Icon Posted 2006-10-17 2:45 PM
#
Can the buttons be resized in hum? i was under the impression that they were all preset sizes, and you just cut up the example bitmap - am I mistaken? I want big buttons to use with fingers instead of stylii.

Yeah, WMP won't play a file off of a share - gs player will, but it skips, so I was hoping for something a little more robust that would cache before it starts playing.

MortPlayer is almost exactly what i'm looking for, but I think it's only compliled for PPC.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-17 3:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

dgg,

The honest answer on that is that I don't know. I have never made a skin for HUM. Looking at the skin file, there is no settings script, so based upon that you may well be correct.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8