x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

rcf2
rcf2 Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 10:00 AM
#
can we run windows messenger on a MP770 (CE2.11)?
 Top of the page
Loose Canon Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 12:38 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

now I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, but windows messenger is a product that can only be had with Windows XP and is actually a crappy version of MSN Messenger.

With that covered MSN has not released a version of their messenger that actually works on Win CE 2.11. However its not a total loss, you can download Imov, which is a jabber client that is free and supports, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo! and yes MSN messengers.

If your not into jabber clients you can try to get ICQ to work, however I have not seen anyone recently get it working due to lack of .dll's and other junk. AOL has released a version of AIM that works and can be downloaded for free from their UK servers or for 20 bucks from Handango or AOL (do a search here on the forums for it).

But I and several of our other members definately like and recommend Imov.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 2:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I use iMov personally and it works great! But I can't remember if it works for WinCE2.11 devices .... guys?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 3:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

iMov works under H/PC Pro and above, including all H/PC and Pocket PC devices.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 9:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

about icq... gsICQ works. at least with ARM cpu.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, and you can use msn and icq with an irc client too (for example IrcCE). i already wrote about it in the forum.

Edited by cmonex 2005-02-23 9:31 PM
 Top of the page
BANE (not logged in)
BANE (not logged in) Page Icon Posted 2005-03-21 11:05 AM
#
Guys, i personally am running Jornada 720 WINCE3.0 HPC 2000 and I have installed those dlls that allow PPC softwre to run on the handheld.
Go to www.ruksun.com and download their software RUKSUN MESSENGER FORCE this operates in the same way and looks exactly like an old version of msn messenger. The thing is though, if you donwload the HPC version it won't work !(strange) but the PPC for arm works with me. just sharing my experiences....

.........IB a n e
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-21 10:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

BANE (not logged in) - 2005-03-21 5:05 PM

Guys, i personally am running Jornada 720 WINCE3.0 HPC 2000 and I have installed those dlls that allow PPC softwre to run on the handheld.
Go to www.ruksun.com and download their software RUKSUN MESSENGER FORCE this operates in the same way and looks exactly like an old version of msn messenger. The thing is though, if you donwload the HPC version it won't work !(strange) but the PPC for arm works with me. just sharing my experiences....

.........IB a n e

could you send me the program you downloaded? i couldn't succeed with that page...
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-22 12:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 3:57 PM
#
CEMONX: Yes I certainately can, I have a CAB stored on my Jornada! whats your email address... are you using a J720 also??

....IB a n e
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 6:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

<p>
C:Amie - 2005-02-23 3:09 PM
iMov works under H/PC Pro and above, including all H/PC and Pocket PC devices.
</p><p /><p>i had trouble finding the actual download, any help?</p>
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 7:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

BANE J720 - 2005-03-26 9:57 PM

CEMONX: Yes I certainately can, I have a CAB stored on my Jornada! whats your email address... are you using a J720 also??

....IB a n e

many thanks i could find it on their site with *GOOGLE*. google rocks, ruksun.com sucks!
btw, yes, i have a 720+728
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 7:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jornada 660lx: you can download imov here: http://www.movsoftware.com/products/imov/imov.htm
basic version is free.
 Top of the page
BANE (not logged in)
BANE (not logged in) Page Icon Posted 2005-03-28 6:50 PM
#
hey nice one 720 and 728! I would like to get a 728! lol I am gripped by a desire to upgrade from my 720, but I don't like PPC's. (nor do I have any money right now lol)
Hope the program works, and remember don't get the hpc one, cause it will install but won't let you sign in, hast o be the ppc arm one, as far as I have found..

....IB a n e
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 9:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the info on msn again so i didn't even try the hpc version ppc works ok with aygshell.dll (16K version)

728 should be perfect if it's more ram and a cool design you're looking for
maybe you'd like the sigmarion III too. all the other newer hpcs are larger and only jornada size is perfect for me, i don't know about you though.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 15