x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Free full screen flash movies

AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-17 7:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I made this a wile ago and it seamed that alot of ppl would like to know how to do it i just nevere had any where good to post it, hope itøs still relevante, pleace tell me if i should post it some where else.

This requres PIE and the flash plug in.

make a html file and copy paste this in to it

<body bgcolor="000000" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px "> <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="240"> <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="ur1.swf"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=High> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000000> </OBJECT>

Replace the width and high with that of your device and the swf movie with the one you want to play.
Open the html file and go in to full screen mode.

Note: There will be a 1 pixle border to the right of the screen where you can click to go out of full screen.
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-18 12:59 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just to make it clear. This is fully full screen thers no scrollbars or any thing else on screen.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-20 12:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cool i'll look into this

btw there's a flashplayer that will do this by default, i.e. playing in full screen.. just need to find it
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-22 10:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah but it's not free
This way of doing it is probably exploiting a minor flaw in PIE since so it might be dependant on the version, i tested it with PIE 4.1 as fare as im aware.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 12:55 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yeah, its free. Its actually a Flash 6 Demo EXE for Pocket PC that was hacked to load any SWF file. It was designed for in store flash demos to demonstrate Pocket PC. I think the actual standalone Flash Player from Macromedia that these were made from is pretty expensive, though. Heres a link to it:

http://www.cosmopod.com/mysite/tfgbd/Macromedia%20Flash%20Player.zip

I have a readme file inside the zip that details how to get it running properly on an H/PC. Oddly enough, it will actually automaticly associate itself with SWF files if you pass an invalid argument on its command line... And suddenly it runs in full featured mode and lets you load any SWF file and even create your own Standalone exes just like itself!
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-27 9:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Lol that is amazing
thanks for the info and link.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-27 3:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Just out of curiosity, are there any Flash players for CE that play Flash Video (.flv) files?
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 11:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

No sorry this is for .swf files.

A recent jub i did for a client requred me to det deep and dirty with the normal PC flash player exe and some of the methodes and tools i used seams to be mostly compatible with the ppc version, i have already been able to remove the default embeded swf witch reduces the size by almost 0.5MB and removes the need to pass invalid arguments.

Actualy this player is so much like the PC version that i think it is a direct conversion, it has the same error and structures, ill work some more on improving the player and then post back here with what i end up with.

To bad this isn't the 7.0 player thoug
Oh and it's a little harder to get this to play fullscreen and inbound then my methode , still it's the only way i can play swf on my GPS/HPC and im shure others will find i usefull as well.

Edited by AJenbo 2006-10-28 12:01 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 1:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Oops small correction, i acidentaly compressed the exe functions so that is why i saw a 0.5MB reduction in size (uncompressed the reduction is only 3K witch seams to correpond with in forund in the readme.txt). The program runs just the same any way.

Ok i got a nicly working and tested standalone version of the player now, i could make further cahnges to it like.

Add multiple languaches.
(Chinese, Datei, Fichier, Otaoan, Japanese, Korean, semplified chinese and Spanish).
Rearange the menus.
Add/Change shourt cut keys.
Rebuild the menu dialog layout.
Change font.

Is thers any of theas changes I should do?
Deleting some of the unused menus and icons could free up som kb's i guess.

The reaon i say that using pie is some itmes better is that if the right click menu has been disabled in the swf file then thers no way to zoom out to the correct size.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 5:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I see now that FLV files are not played by themselves; apparently they're linked to or embedded in SWF files. (Saw this in an eBay listing about an FLV viewer for PCs.) Now if I could just figure out how to do those . . . . (At least I've found FLV-to-AVI converters out there.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-10-28 5:54 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 1:47 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ok it's done.
I reorderd the right click menu so that on swf with disabled right click it will display "exit" and "show all" instead of "setting" and "about".
the file size is down to 375KB (compressed) and 776KB uncomressed.

<snips from the read me>
List of shurt cuts:
Ctrl+F: Fullscreen
Ctrl+S: Show all
Ctrl+H: High quality
Ctrl+M: Medium quality
Ctrl+L: Low quality
Ctrl+O: Open file
Ctrl+E: Exit
Ctrl+R: Rewind
Ctrl+left: Step back
Ctrl+right: Step forwared

I tryed adding Chinese, Datei, Fichier, Otaoan, Japanese, Korean, semplified chinese and Spanish menus but unfortunatly it seams that the first languach was always selected, if you would like a localiced version please contact me.

I removed the embeded swf file and some unused icons, changed the right menus and made some more shourtcuts functions to so that it is more usefull.
Note: The exe is compressed with with UPX (reduced file size by 50%) so if you want to change it you will first have to decompress it.
</snips from the readme>

and the link.
http://cubed.dk/nobody/ppc/Flash%20Player.zip

eidt:
I just noticed that the player also playes .spl files what ever that is.

edit: TFGBD just notifyed me that .spl is the format used befor flash was made.

Edited by AJenbo 2006-10-29 2:02 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 28