x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nyditot: Full VGA output on a MobilePro 900c

oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-10-19 3:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

G’day, Lads,
Here’s a question I’ve been wanting to ask for some time now about my never-ending quest to install a CE carputer in my vehicle. Per an earlier post, we discovered that it is possible to install an external USB touch monitor on the Mobilepro 900/900c.

This thread may well become a benefit to the entire NEC community, and I hope it does. If not, I’ll be denied the dramatic reveal that I’ve built up in my mind

At any rate, I’m looking to increase the screen real estate of the VGA out on my 900c. We know it can be done in the Access viewer and in Conduits per this intuitive hack What I’m shooting for is basically Nyditot on an external monitor. Primarily, a lot of smaller external monitors have 800 x 480 resolution (much like screens on most TFT clamshells). The goal here it to either Nyditot or directly registry hack (the preferred method) the STN screen that’s in the unit to 800 x 480 and then convince the Mobilepro that is should output at that resolution on an external monitor.

Could someone try this on their 900c or speculate as to the outcome? Is the above mentioned hack helpful towards this end in any way outside of Pocket Slides?

Edited by oflash 2006-10-19 3:25 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-10-19 3:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

We know that it is physically possible to output a video signal that displays an 800 x 600 image on an external monitor...Pocket slides proves that. The challenge is in finding some way to do the same thing with any program. Since it is both a hardware and software issue, I would think the solution would be the same.

Nyditot doesn't really change the pixel output, it just mimics it. I think more than just a simple registry hack will be involved as well. Basically you would have to take the software that you want to display and incorporate that bit of code in the Conduits program into it in the same fashion, then direct it to the VGA port on the Mobilepro.

Who has experience using a Colorgraphic Voyager display card? Does it display Nyditot virtual screens?

Rich
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9