x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Which 2.0 device is most highly recommended?

1 2 3
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 1:13 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Do you charge them up first, then fully charged batteries you put in the Casio?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 1:40 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I doubt that they were fully charged when I put them in - they'd been sitting unused for some time. But the PA-2400W has worked fine with them, both before and after charging (while in the PA-2400W). (You're right about the charge light not going on, though.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-10-23 1:40 AM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 7:47 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Look inside the Control Panel at Power Properties - and you will see that these batteries are not charging. In fact, the Power Properties on this Casio unit is totally different than the Power Properties on my HP360lx which lets me choose between Alkaline and NiCad/NiMH batteries and shows me that the batteries are charging.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 9:21 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The MobilePro AA adapter also says it is only for use with Alkaline, but it works with NimH just fine (better, really). But it should be mentioned that the NimH batteries also do not charge directly in this adapter - the pin providing power for charging is entirely missing. If you have two sets, you can put in a new set while you charge the old ones, and it's not much of a problem. (I don't know about the 2400 and whether the batteries charge in it.)
 Top of the page
kapow44 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'd actually also be interested in knowing if nimh AA's charge in the PA-2400w... the light doesn't go on in mine either, and neither does the control panel have a nimh option... If someone figures it out, let me know.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 6:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I looked in the Power Properties in Control Panel when I first tried this - it just says "External." However, it is possible, I suppose, that the external power is bypassing the batteries and powering the unit directly.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 7:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

So, CEGeek, does the Casio also charge your rechargeable batteries that you use in the Casio? And how?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-23 7:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Can't tell yet - gotta use up the power on the batteries first.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 28