x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New: All-in-One Media Player Distribution

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Frozen
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-16 1:30 PM
#
H/PC Elite

TFGBD - 2006-11-15 2:12 PM

I'm pretty sure Coreplayer Pro/FREE and the upcoming Open source BetaPlayer (Yeah, I know its odd that they brought that name back...) will still support Handheld PC/Windows CE core devices.

They said they can still easily build even the commercial Coreplayer for ARM, MIPS, SH3, SH4, and x86.

Look at this thread on the official CorePlayer forum:
http://www.corecodec.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=29&expv=0&topic=3471.0

So, there might be a CorePlayer version for CE.net devices, but not for all HPCs. The CorePlayer project is a commercial project, so they have to target "real markets". The classical HPC market is dead anyway: most of us are using cheap second hand devices and are "budget minded"... Businesses are more interested in Yuppy types with high end smartphones or Ipods.

Sure, the CorePlayer team has all the knowledge required to make an HPC version: but they will probably release an HPC version only if it can be done quickly and without much effort (basically as a PPC or Win32 mod).

It is more likely that a classical WinCE Betaplayer will be released, but this new BetaPlayer will have fewer codecs than the latest TCPMP:

Quote from BetaBoy, the CorePlayer Forum Moderator:
"There will be a fundimental difference between what is the current TCPMP vs BetaPlayer. The big one is compiled plugins for asp, aac, avc... we will not be distributing compiled version in the installer. We will however continue to work on the decoder source code for ffmpeg, FAAD2 but we will not distribute them within the player."

And I also fear that a potential HPC version of CorePlayer or BetaPlayer could be for ARM only. The latest TCPMP versions were no longer optimized for MIPS devices - although TCPMP 0.72 works much better on my Sig2 than on my J710...
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 10:25 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok back to my last question, How can I get this to play like the WMP (native one) on J720? I used to play song after song , now it only plays one song til I click it to open another file.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 11:37 AM
#
H/PC Elite

You must make a playlist first: File/playlist/ save playlist
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 8:17 PM
#
"All download slots assigned to your country (Brazil) are currently in use"

Send me on my email, and I'll post in my public FTP
ManicOurico@hotmail.com
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 1:54 AM
#
H/PC Elite

No worries now, i press the external keys for the native media player and the native WMP came back on . I got two formats now!

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2006-11-18 1:55 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 2:02 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Derek.HPCManiac - 2006-11-17 6:17 PM

"All download slots assigned to your country (Brazil) are currently in use"

Send me on my email, and I'll post in my public FTP
ManicOurico@hotmail.com

Or visit mscdex's site, who has it on his HPC Software Repository to download..
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-02-19 1:02 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Although it may have seemed like i deserted the forum a few months ago, the only reason has been down to the fact that there has not been enough hours in the day ...

In the meantime, I bought a new CE device ( Mitac Mio GPS 268+, CE.net 4.20 core). I still have my Mips Sigmarion 2, which is still my favourite device.

The commercial CorePlayer 1.04 does work on CE.net devices without any hack, but there is still no working CE 3 /HPC2000 version, no Mips build, and no evaluation version. I had the opportunity to test CorePlayer on a friend's device and I didn't like it that much: I decided to stick with my customized Media Player (faster loading time, much more intuitive UI, and free...).

The only real advantage of CorePlayer was the AVC/H264 compatibility for High Res MP4 videos. So I made an update for my HPC Media Player, based on the latest TCPMP 0.72.
This latest 1.05 package adds an optimized AVC/H264 plugin for ARM devices, so it can play all files supported by CorePlayer. The TCPMP team removed the free CoreAVC plugin from the TCPMP download site some time ago, probably because they wanted to keep some “exclusive features” for their commercial player ( which does not work on most HPCs anyway…).
I also updated the skins and icons.

You can download the 1.05 version of the package here:
http://upload2.net/page/download/BIsMxPONi4V3ZnB/HPC+Media+Player+1.05.rar.html

or here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/17246480/HPC_Media_Player_1.05.rar.html
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-02-19 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I am downloading now for the J720 and Pencentra 200 HPC 2000 model. I will give feed back later.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-02-19 2:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ah , Ok it is RAR. Can this be in ZIP format?

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-02-19 2:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I will try and get Winrar.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2007-02-19 2:56 PM
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2007-02-20 11:58 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thank you Geared!
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2007-02-20 12:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks
 Top of the page
TheRaven Page Icon Posted 2007-02-20 12:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Outstanding work you did on this. Works like a charm on my mp 780.

Thanks!

Edited by TheRaven 2007-02-20 12:56 PM
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-02-20 1:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok for the Pencentra 200 with and HPC Pro (MIPS 3000) and HPC 2000 (MIPS 4000). I can hear music but still no video or pictures. I know you stated before it is hard for MIPS family to get pic or vid.

I have the old version still on the HPC Pro model and installed the updated version on the HPC 2000 model.

What do I need to do to see pictures or Video?

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2007-02-20 1:29 PM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-02-21 7:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ceya - 2007-02-19 7:26 PM

What do I need to do to see pictures or Video?

S/F,
CEYA!

Did you check the video settings ?
Menu: Options / Video/ Video Driver ? At least, GDI should work, with poor quality. It is best to install a working GAPI (Gx.dll) for your device and activate it. Btw, the Pencentra does not support true colours (only 256 col.) , right ? That might be the problem... 256 colour devices are quite bad for videos anyway. You might want to try Wodeon, which is probably the best video player for greyscale and 256 colour devices:
http://www.geocities.jp/omiokone/wodeon/indexE.htm
It only works with Mpeg files though, and you have to play with the settings to find the best options for your device...
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.406 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 30