x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Software install problem?

ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-24 7:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well, Finally got my 680E. Went to install the software on my PC. Put the disc in and get an error message. "Direct Player 6.0, Program requires at least 3MB Virtual Memory to run".
My PC OS is XP Pro. Virtual Memory is 1535Mb Allocated. Any ideas?
Thanks
Chris
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-24 9:19 PM
#
H/PC Elder

erm ... what software exactly are you installing?
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-24 9:38 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Oh, I'm sorry. The software is the disc that came with the 680. The AS and whatever else is on the disc. Downloaded the AS 3.77 off the Windows CE site. Attached the Serial cable. Could not get the two to communicate with each other. Even checked the Baud. Both set at 19200. Maybe I am missing something?
Thanks for any assistance.
Chris
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-25 8:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Download AS3.8 from the Sync Software section in the top navigation. We may as well start you on the highest version.

Ensure that in ActiveSync's Connection Settings... the Serial Sync is enabled. Else ensure that you are using the Get COnnected wizard to create the connection.
For the purpose of troubleshooting, close down any firewall applications (disconnect from the internet first) or anythign else that monitors TCP/IP / Serial resources.
Give the posts on the PC and H/PC a clean, as wella s the cable connectors. Then ensure that the system BIOS values for the serial ports are at default.

For troubleshooting ensure that the port speed on the H/PC remains at 19,200 and that you do not adjust the hardware settings on the PC's device manager.

-

The error messages is because you are using a CD which was written in a different era. The Macromedia Director application is from the 9x era, Win95, 98 was just making an appearance.
Essentially the problem is that your PC has too much RAM, and the page file it too big. The director file is unable address it properly to is getting a silly value back when it is requesting PC resource info.

To fix it you can try lowering your Page file to under 512MB - but I really don't suggest you fiddle with it just to view the pretty animations on the resource CD.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-25 9:03 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ah ... Application Compatibility issues!! ... ... ESCAPEMAX ... u may also try running the installation using AppCompat mode. let me dig out some info on that if you still could not get it to work...

(AppCompat.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments AppCompat.JPG (38KB - 26 downloads)
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-25 6:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you. I dont think XP Pro will allow me to lower the Virtual Memory settings. tried and it gives me a crazy messages.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-25 7:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Got it to work. Weird thing is this. Plugged into the one Serial port. No Communication. Plugged into the other, Works now.
Thanks all.
Chris
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 13