x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

256 Colors-->16-bit (Jornada 820)?

CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 4:37 AM
#
My Hewlett Packard Jornada 820 supports 256 colors on-screen at once, at a resolution of 640x480...

Is there any way I can enhance the resolution or the number of colors displayed on-screen?
 Top of the page
pete Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 10:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I don't know whether its the same but when I asked a similar question about the Jornada 680 I was told to try Small Tweak - http://tillanosoft.com/ce/stweak.html - which has an option to allow PocketIE (and other apps from what I've found) to display 65,535 colours.

Unfortunately HP don't seem to offer their updated "Vibrant Color Display driver" for the 820. You could try the one for the 680 and see if it makes a difference, I honestly don't know what it might do though (if anything!).

Don't think you can change anything else, the only way you might get more is by ditching WinCE and trying one of the Linux derivatives?

Hope this helps,

Pete.
 Top of the page
Babbinator
Babbinator Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 7:14 PM
#
I remember looking into this once and found that the screen on the Jornada 820 doesnt support any more than 256 colors.

Correct me if i'm wrong on that. If there is a way, i too am curious about it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 7:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

pete - 2006-10-24 4:48 PM

Unfortunately HP don't seem to offer their updated "Vibrant Color Display driver" for the 820. You could try the one for the 680 and see if it makes a difference, I honestly don't know what it might do though (if anything!).

don't think a SH3 dll will run on ARM
as it is ddi.dll, the display driver itself, it will probably result in a hard reset as well

Edited by cmonex 2006-10-29 7:51 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9