x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opening two instances of a program

kapow44 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 12:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Another iMOV question:

Anyone know of a way to run two instances of a program on CE 2.11? I want to be able to use Jabber+MSN and Gtalk, but unfortunately, I can only log into one or the other with iMOV since the gtalk server doesn't support MSN and the jabber servers don't link to gTalk. I tried installing iMOV on my CF card and also in internal memory, but it won't let me run both simultaneously, it just opens one instance, no matter which one I tap on. Is there any registry hack I could try to run two at the same time?

Cheers.

Edited by kapow44 2006-10-26 12:42 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 12:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well what about using bitlbee for one of these and it wont have a problem with downloading the msn contact list either... i'll test imov wiht this though, i dont remember it having a problem with the contact list on msn
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 4:10 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

No, this is something the program does itself, not WinCE.

The program will make a call to FindWindow() with its window class or name right at the start before it registers a window class and opens it. If FindWindow returns a window, it'll call SetActiveWindow to activate the already running copy, then terminate.

You could, theoretically, reverse engineer the program to block out the call to FindWindow, but that's a lot of hassle for something that probably won't work anyhow because of the TCP/IP stack
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

whats with the tcp/ip stack? why won't it work?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9