x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

iMOV for MSN messenger

kapow44 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 12:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is anyone using iMOV for instant messaging on their Ce 2.11 machine? I know this is kind of a specific software question, but hopefully the answer might help some people use MSN messenger on their CE machines.

Basically, iMOV connects fine to the jabber server and I can chat on both gtalk and MSN but, I'm having two problems:

When I connect to a jabber server, like 12jabber.net and use the MSN portal with my existing MSN messenger account, I can't see my MSN contact list. I AM on MSN though b/c people tell me they can see me, and also, if they message me the conversation DOES show up in iMOV and I can chat freely! So basically I can't initiate a conversation, only reply to one someone else starts. Very strange. Perhaps it's the server's MSN portal that's at fault? I've tried a few servers but it's the same story with each one. Too bad, since this is the only MSN option I know of (besides an IRC port) that works with CE 2.11

cheers
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 8:20 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

That also happened to me, but you should try other jabber servers. In some your contacts list shows up an in others do not.
I am using jabber.sk and is OK

oski
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 3:24 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm using iMov Messenger for MSN and the same server (12jabber.net) on Jornada 720. Also having exactly the same problem as you. However, I can send msgs to people that I know are online. Will try jabber.sk tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Maybe it's a faulty MSN transport instalation on server side.

Cheers
SainT
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 29