x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J690 - stylus calibration problem - looping

newbie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 4:53 AM
#
my J690, can't be calibrated. after left without anypower what so ever for 1 month, I turned it on and straight thru calibration, but after click all the crosshairs, it just keep looping, back to the 1st crosshair and keep looping (so far upto 10 loop, and I gave up), it never goes to the screen where it ask to click enter to save the calibration. the only thing you can do is esc. but it resulted pretty much the stylus is totally off-calibrated..

I have try soft reset, hard reset, and replacing backup battery... I've also precisely press and held firmly so it wont move .. any idea? please...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 5:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It could be any one of a number of things, including a bad digitizer. But I'm wondering if maybe there's just excessive dust on the screen. Was it dusty when you picked it up after leaving it alone for a month? You can try wiping the screen with a dry cloth, and then slip a business card under the frame around the screen and slide it slowly along each of the four sides, to dislodge any dust that may have accumulated there. It's worth a try - nothing to lose.
 Top of the page
newbie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 5:17 AM
#
well, I can assure you it's really clean, no dust what so ever cuz I put inside the ziplop bag =)

what do you mean by digitizer?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 6:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's a fancy term for the touch screen assembly, which includes the connection wiring between the screen and the motherboard (which transmits to the motherboard what spot in the screen grid you've touched with the stylus). I suppose it's also possible that the connection has been jarred loose, but you'd have to open up the 690 to check that out.

I'm also wondering, though, if it may have been exposed to excessive heat or cold at any point.
 Top of the page
kraftwerk_kid
kraftwerk_kid Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 6:43 PM
#
Hi there,

I had a similar problem when calibrating my Zire 21. Just couldn't exit the calibration routine. Kept on looping.

I tried using datebook and contacts to run down the battery. But, after doing this for 3 days on end, the battery keeps going. So, I tried doing a soft reset while in calibration mode cuz I couldn't exit. But, after that I couldn't find where home is. Only Find Dialog would pop out. No matter how I click with my stylus on each pixel point on the screen.

This morning I was inspired to search the net for answers. I came across trying a "hard reset". That still didn't work. YOUR SOLUTION was the BEST. Simple yet, IT WORKED. Thanks a lot. You definitely saved my day.

I use my palm a lot in all my business transactions. Especially when selling raw rubber. Using Documents to go; Excel File format, I immediately get computations and results of net earnings or how much the gross weight is and the salaries of my workers. It's definitely invaluable to me.

So again, THANKS for the advice. May the good LORD bless you.

In Christ Jesus,

Juan
 Top of the page
kraftwerk_kid
kraftwerk_kid Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 6:46 PM
#
kraftwerk_kid - 2006-11-06 6:43 PM

Hi there,

I had a similar problem when calibrating my Zire 21. Just couldn't exit the calibration routine. Kept on looping.

I tried using datebook and contacts to run down the battery. But, after doing this for 3 days on end, the battery keeps going. So, I tried doing a soft reset while in calibration mode cuz I couldn't exit. But, after that I couldn't find where home is. Only Find Dialog would pop out. No matter how I click with my stylus on each pixel point on the screen.

This morning I was inspired to search the net for answers. I came across trying a "hard reset". That still didn't work. YOUR SOLUTION was the BEST. Simple yet, IT WORKED. Thanks a lot. You definitely saved my day.

I use my palm a lot in all my business transactions. Especially when selling raw rubber. Using Documents to go; Excel File format, I immediately get computations and results of net earnings or how much the gross weight is and the salaries of my workers. It's definitely invaluable to me.

So again, THANKS for the advice. May the good LORD bless you.

In Christ Jesus,

Juan

My email address is:
kraftwerk_kid@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 3:53 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Glad to be of help. But I'm surprised you didn't find similar advice in a Palm OS device forum.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 25