x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

remote desktop on a Jornada 720

arnold
arnold Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 4:10 PM
#
Hi there

Since many years I use a J 720. I happy with it, but want to upgrade a bit as I travel a lot I want be able to work on-line in a better way.

We have 3G network here, I have a modern Nokia phone with 3G and BT and now I want the J720 to connect to this Nokia via BT.

1. So I best but the Socket BT card?

Then I want to be able to use Remote desktop as I do when I work at home on my normal PC.

2. Is it possible to use remote desktop on a J720, do I have to install anything
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 4:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I do not understand what you are asking in question 1. The socket BT should do what you need.

Just run the Terminal Service Client from the Start menu on the device. Terminal Server is the old name for Remote Desktop.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 6:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if it is an international device (intl english or not even english) it won't have terminal services client. but it is downloadable from the support or downloads section - or if you want to have both vga and hvga versions, check out my site
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I thought J720 was CE 3.0 ? Anyways... If the phone supports BT does it support IR? If so I believe you can use this page to your atvantage: http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/irda/

(The site says its compatible with 3G... CE HP Pro, 2.0, 2.11. But not 3.0 It says 3 has a built in software, But if your device is 3 then.. I dont know.. try anyway?)

Edited by macmee 2006-10-30 5:45 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 10:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yup, it's CE3, this thread is in the wrong place, i guess some admin will move it later.

some CE3 and newer devices still don't have the irda thing, so the hpcfactor "driver" is still useful.
 Top of the page
arnold
arnold Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 2:32 PM
#
I o have Irda but the new mobile has another version of infrared, it doesn't communicate with teh J720. BT looks like a better option (?) for me or should I upgrade the Irda driver?

I still do not exactly understand how this remote desktop works
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what do you not understand about remote desktop?

BT would be easier yeah
 Top of the page
arnold
arnold Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 10:49 AM
#
well, I want to connect via a VPN connection (I make a connection to our Internet provider and then connect to our fileserver). I haven't seen a way to make a VPN with the Jornada..

I ordered the BT card, got a very modern 3G Nokia N70 mobile, I hope this is gonna work

Which program do you use (VNC??)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 1:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Remote Desktop is a screen relay technology couples with a session management technology. With a Windows NT 4, 2000, 2003 server you can have many users using the same physical PC at the same time - each with their own desktop, iown file session and completely separate from anyone else.

The same technology under XP Pro is limited to one session - the same session as the one on the PC. RDP is also used for remote assistance, in this instance it clones what you see on the screen to someone else - however this is the only non administrative use for it.

In contrast VNC which you mentioned above is a screen cloning technology, in its default state under Windows it takes what is on the screen and sends it somewhere else - it provides literal remote interaction with the PC, if you sit infront of the PC while you are VNC'd in you will see everything happen in real time, with RDP you don't. In *nix environments it can perform sessions.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9