x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PS/2 or USB mouse, keyboard on a J720?

1 2
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Is it possible to plug in a PS/2 or USB mouse Keyboard into a J720? would I need drivers?

Please if you know, share your wisdom
 Top of the page
walkalone Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 3:33 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I heard about mouse a long time ago, but I've never seen it so maybe it's fake. And... Why would you need a keyboard? Jornada's keyboard rules
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 3:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

What I recall hearing about was someone possibly getting a serial mouse to work with a connection to the 720's serial cable. (Would require a gender changer for the serial connection, of course.) But I dunno what driver could have been used.

EDIT: Found the thread:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5559&start=1

Edited by CE Geek 2006-10-30 4:18 PM
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks CE Geek,

Walkalone.. I want to get a VGA out and plug my handheld into a monitor and have a mouse and keyboard, so its like a real computer .

The CE operating system supports mouse and keyboards, I believe autonmatic but im not sure about Jornadas. Because some computers in 2000 were basicly computers with windows CE, And of course, They had mouse, keyboard imput.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

There is an official external serial keyboard available for the Jornada series. You can download the driver here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=hh157en

You can find some info about the keyboard here:

http://www.to-tech.com/windowsce/jornada/keyboard/index.html

The part number is HP F1275A and it looks like there is one for sale on eBay for $90 shipped here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-F1275A-HP-620-HP-720-Jornada-External-Keyboard_W0QQitemZ290037059506QQihZ019QQcategoryZ80152QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I know of no easy way to hook up any sort of external pointing device to the J720, due to its lack of USB and other expansion ports. I do believe that someone had gotten USB memory sticks to work with the 720 by using a rather expensive CF->USB 1.1 adapter, but have no clue if there is a USB HID type driver in the 720 rom. Even if there was, the use of such a card would preclude you simultaneously using a VGA out card as well.

Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 5:57 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rocketman - 2006-10-30 5:39 PM

There is an official external serial keyboard available for the Jornada series. You can download the driver here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=hh157en

You can find some info about the keyboard here:

http://www.to-tech.com/windowsce/jornada/keyboard/index.html

The part number is HP F1275A and it looks like there is one for sale on eBay for $90 shipped here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-F1275A-HP-620-HP-720-Jornada-External-Keyboard_W0QQitemZ290037059506QQihZ019QQcategoryZ80152QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I know of no easy way to hook up any sort of external pointing device to the J720, due to its lack of USB and other expansion ports. I do believe that someone had gotten USB memory sticks to work with the 720 by using a rather expensive CF->USB 1.1 adapter, but have no clue if there is a USB HID type driver in the 720 rom. Even if there was, the use of such a card would preclude you simultaneously using a VGA out card as well.

Thanks Rocketman
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 9:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rocketman - 2006-10-30 11:39 PM

yes, that cf usb driver will provide usb hid drivers too. (the 720 rom obviously has nothing like that)
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 12:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

if you dont want to use the official serial external keyboard... there's always the old school infrared keyboards Not sure if those drivers are compatible with HPC though.

There are also bluetooth keyboard and mouse for PPCs, but again I have no idea if their drivers will work with a bluetooth card in the Jornada.
 Top of the page
Pokey Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 2:16 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have been successfully using a serial mouse with my J720. It works kinda slow but it can be pretty useful. You need a serial cable (I've got a home made one), serial mouse driver called Mouser and a mouse Driver is put in the tray and it will start working when you connect a mouse.

(mouser.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mouser.jpg (31KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
Pokey Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 2:19 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I wonder if there is a way to connect a keyboard via serial cable I use to connect a mouse. Any ideas what changes to make with the plug?

Edited by Pokey 2006-11-01 2:20 AM
 Top of the page
supervaags Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 10:54 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

if i plug my mouse in, and start mouser my handheld crashes.. what am i doing wrong.. please help
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

supervaags, that's odd.. what kind of hardware are you using?
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Pokey - 2006-11-01 2:16 AM

I have been successfully using a serial mouse with my J720. It works kinda slow but it can be pretty useful. You need a serial cable (I've got a home made one), serial mouse driver called Mouser and a mouse Driver is put in the tray and it will start working when you connect a mouse.

OOooo..I really like your startbar theme. Is it wisbar? where'd you get it?

Thanks,
- David
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

macmee - 2006-11-01 11:58 PM

OOooo..I really like your startbar theme. Is it wisbar? where'd you get it?

Thanks,
- David

i think he uses one of geared2003's theme packs, it is in the themes section on this site (under shell icon mods)
real nice.
i think the vista package may not be there yet, but he uploaded it somewhere and linked to it in a forum thread (search for vista or for his posts or something)
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Wow, As much as I like windows 2000, and the theme-

This new XP Theme is great, THANKS!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 39