x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

USB modem driver

citivolus Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 2:30 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I had an idea this weekend to try to use my Treo 700wx cellphone as a modem with my Netbook Pro through the USB port. I run a program on the Treo to make it appear as a USB modem. When I do this with my laptop, I need no special driver as Windows XP sees it as a generic USB modem. My Netbook Pro has USB host capabilities. Does anyone know of a USB driver for modems for WinCE?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 9:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm i'm sure my qtek 9000 wouldn't work as an usb modem. it needs its own usb modem driver on xp pro even. i don't think they wrote the driver for CE
so you're at least a step ahead. still, don't know of any CE usb modem drivers
i'd just use bluetooth. that works with my qtek too
 Top of the page
Sproing Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 3:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I wanted to do the same thing with a Mobilepro 900 and an SPV M3100 (HTC Tytn). As cmonex said you need the program to connect to the phone through USB but I don't think this exists for CE I guess phone manufacturers don't expect people to be connecting one Win CE device to another CE device (PocketPC or HPC). Another example of HPC users being left out I guess...

I decided to just try connecting it via a Bluetooth card instead (haven't tried yet thugh).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10