x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can't get IP address over WIFI (WPC11 v3 + PA2400w)

kapow44 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-01 11:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I finally got a V3 Linksys WPC11 for use with my PA2400w. Installed the official linksys CE 2.11 drivers, and the config utility sees my network, I've put in the correct SSID and it shows a great signal. It even says it's associated with my network. Unfortunately, not matter what I do I can't get an IP address.

I've tried using DHCP (in the network control panel), and also manually assigning an IP address + gateway, nothing works. IE will not open any web pages, stating that it can't find the IP address (and when I'm using DHCP, CE itself will complain that it can't renew the IP after a few minutes).

I've tried this on another wifi network with the exact same result. All security settings are OFF (no wep). When I pop in a wired ethernet card, DHCP and static IP work wonderfully.

I also tried the card in my laptop and it works beautifully, so it's not the card.

Any ideas? People say that the WPC11 v3 works fine with CE 2.11, I seem to be the only one with a problem. Maybe it's the Casio in particular? This is driving me nuts

Cheers

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 6:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you mean your IP stays 127.0.0.1 or you're getting false 169.254.xx.xx?
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 6:19 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Strange, the same card works in my CE 3.0..

did you try reseting the device? I had to..

go to the officicial website who makes your accesspoint and follow the static ip info for windows 98. its compatible with ce.
 Top of the page
kapow44 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 7:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, tried a hard reset of my casio and the router works well with static IP's (my laptop is actually on the network with a static wireless IP currently).

I'm getting 127.0.0.1
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 10:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it stays 127.0.0.1 even after waiting several minutes?
 Top of the page
kapow44 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-02 11:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yup, unfortunately. When I use wired it works fine though, gets an IP very quickly.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28