x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Yay! Wi-fi worked on my Eplate

1 2
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Big thrill today. My university is wireless all over the place - and I was there today and had some time so I had along my Hitachi Eplate with the Agere Orinocco Gold card that I recently purchased -- AND IT WORKED!

This is the first time I've been able to get any card to work in the Eplate (which has HPC Pro. 2.11 core os, SH4 processor). I've tried before with the Linksys card and the Proxim card - neither would get me connected.

With the Agere card - success! I would recommend to anyone now - when they have the choice of which PC Wi-Fi card to purchase - get the Agere Gold.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 5:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm my senao wifi (prism) worked fine in the Aero 8000 (sh4) at first try when i had the thing (for a few weeks before realizing i really didn't need it and didn't buy it). 128 bit wep, hidden ssid, dhcp, everything

btw the socket bt worked fine too. just to give tips for sh4 accessories

Edited by cmonex 2006-11-03 5:34 PM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 5:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

the Socket CF card didn't work for me in the Eplate.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 6:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

which revision? i used a rev F one

and what was the problem? any error message?

Edited by cmonex 2006-11-03 6:15 PM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Mine didn't say a revision on it. I got it with the Dell Axim PPC I bought a year ago. I found the drivers by matching up the picture on the Socket site. It did not work with either my Jornada 547 PPC or the Eplate or the MP790. Haven't tried it yet with the Dell Axim (which I've done a couple of hard resets on since purchase).
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 8:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Once again, we see why I so heartily endorse the Agere ORiNOCO card. (BTW, quiche, is that free WiFi? )
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yeah - it is free - but I had to log-in with my university log-in. So only free to people associated with the university.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 9:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

quiche - 2006-11-04 12:26 AM

Mine didn't say a revision on it. I got it with the Dell Axim PPC I bought a year ago. I found the drivers by matching up the picture on the Socket site. It did not work with either my Jornada 547 PPC or the Eplate or the MP790. Haven't tried it yet with the Dell Axim (which I've done a couple of hard resets on since purchase).

it had to say a revision otherwise it wasn't a socket card and then that's why the drivers didn't work - or you got the wrong drivers for its revision

btw, can you send me the pic of it? i may be able to help. i can help especially if you want to get rid of it hehe

Edited by cmonex 2006-11-03 9:46 PM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-04 6:56 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Below is the picture of it. They have a like one on the Socket site, orange colored - but mine is different, it is not orange on the top part. Also the P/N doesn't match. The P/N for my card is 8012-00212 A. And it doesn't match any of the product numbers for their discontinued products. Nowhere does it give a revision #.

(socket wlan.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments socket wlan.jpg (5KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-04 5:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Is there any possibility of this being a counterfeit Socket card?
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-04 5:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I don't know. It came with the Dell Axim I bought a year ago, and there was no manual.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 3:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, misunderstanding here. i was talking about bluetooth!

maybe you have some newer wlan card of theirs. could be why the old drivers don't work

btw, fyi, that is rev A. (it's the last letter in the P/N at least on the bluetooth cards) hmm maybe it is so old they no longer even have info on it on their page?

i would like to take a look at this card in person...
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 7:47 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex, it is the only card I have right now for the Dell Axim. I have not set it up yet. But I'd like to have it with me, because it is a low power card. So what can we do?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 8:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

good question which drivers did you try btw?
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 9:48 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I tried the drivers from the Socket site and from the HPC Factor - I could not get any to work on either the Hitachi Eplate (HPC Pro) or the NEC MP790 or the PocketPC Jornada 547. Ergo, I assumed then the card was meant for a more advanced OS since it came with the Dell Axim. I think last year since I got the Axim, I tried and it worked - but since I ignored the Axim for so long the backup battery went dead and it meant reinstalling everything. Haven't tried it with the Socket card there yet.

LOL, I've now got too many handhelds, laptops and pocketpcs to keep up with.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 55 - Executed queries : 28