x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Does it worth changing to a Sigmarion III?

1 2 3 4
DarkShadow
DarkShadow Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 9:49 AM
#
chiark - 2006-11-06 9:06 AM
did I mention the screen overcome the battery life. I do have a spare battery tho, and would advise that you'll want one of those if you're used to J720 life!

I rebuild my j720 with 18650 Li-Ion 3.7V 2400mAh Batteries so now i can use it all day long with no problem... what about the Sig3 ? can the batteries be upgrade with better ones? the sig3 on ebay seem new (or refurb)... how long can I expect the battery to hold using the WIFI all the time?

I have many questions, but before selling my j720 with all the accessories that I've purchase over the time I want to be sure to not regret it!

Thanks,

DakShadow
 Top of the page
Sproing Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 11:06 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

DarkShadow - 2006-11-05 7:40 PM

Sproing: that's great! did you buy it from loloc-pro on Ebay?

DarkShadow,

Funny you should ask. I actually ordered another Sig III for a friend (who doesn't use ebay) last week from loloc-pro. It was supposedly shipped on Friday so it should be arriving here (I from Canada too) in the next week or so. I bought my Sigmarion III in a private sale from someone who bought it new in Japan and never used it. That should be arriving any day now.

Is it possible for you to buy the Sigmarion III first before selling your J720 or do you need to use the funds you get from the 720 to buy the Sig III? If you can have both at the same time, you can make your own comparisons side by side. This works for me but I'm a bit of a pack rat... I've kept every palmtop I've owned since the early 90's
 Top of the page
DarkShadow
DarkShadow Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 11:43 AM
#
DarkShadow - 2006-11-05 7:40 PM
Is it possible for you to buy the Sigmarion III first before selling your J720 or do you need to use the funds you get from the 720 to buy the Sig III?

funds is not a problem, but as someone talk about it before, my wife don't understand why I should keep things that I don't use... or even why I buy HPC hehehe, so I'm sure it will be easier for me if I purchase the Sig3 after I sold my j720 ! maybe I'll sell my j680 first... get the Sig3 and after sell the j720... something like that..

Nways, I'll wait for your comments on your order from loloc-pro!

DarkShadow
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 12:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Pocket word is included in the OS (it is named wordpad). As spreadshet you can use planmaker or spreadce. For access database there is another third party apps called Acces manager that works fine on S3. IE 5.5 is translated in english and works fine too. For inernet you can use also Netfront 3.3 (very fast on S3) and Minimo (good performance too).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 12:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

finnpp - 2006-11-06 2:39 PM

- cons: Not so much apps for ce.net. Need to hack a little bit to install cabs.

incorrect.

all the hack what is needed is: install wceloadext no need to hack the cabs afterwards. i seriously recommend you try wceloadext.

and apps are more than for the jornada, for one almost all the hpc2000 apps work - and more ppc apps work than on the jornada
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 1:06 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

DarkShadow - 2006-11-06 3:49 PM

I rebuild my j720 with 18650 Li-Ion 3.7V 2400mAh Batteries so now i can use it all day long with no problem... what about the Sig3 ? can the batteries be upgrade with better ones? the sig3 on ebay seem new (or refurb)... how long can I expect the battery to hold using the WIFI all the time?

aww you'll have the some problem as me.. i've been spoiled by the recelld 2400's too

the battery with continuous active wifi will allow you 2-3 hours of usage at 33% screen brightness on the sig3.

you cannot recell it with higher capacity cells, it is not 18650 but some smaller cylindrical cells. the best i found for that size was 1400 mAh.. worse than original

*does anyone have an extended sig3 batt they don't need? *
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 1:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

DarkShadow - 2006-11-06 3:43 PM

Pocket Office is not included? No Excel, Access or Word? I mostly use ftxBrowser and NPOP on my j720, does the IE5.5 is translated in english?

both ftxbrowser and npop will work. as we said, word is included, same as on your jornada (just no spellcheck built in (can be added maybe) or word count add on).
excel, theres a japanese spreadce in the OEM (NTT) updates. but i bet you'd want to use the english version. i prefer ptab though.
additionally, built in picsel will read xls (and a lot more).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 1:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

chiark - 2006-11-06 3:06 PM

Jax, I am so looking forward to your MUIs . One thing I'm not sure you can achieve through MUI is the sorting of contacts, but best of luck.

it is possible just hard to do... still, easier than to do the other built in stuff
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 3:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Possibly a stupid question but what's an ABB J728?

I'm thinking Smartbook G138 or Sigmarion? Both have CF only?

Cheers
SainT
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 3:20 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

ABB refers to the keyboard layout. ABA is the US layout; I believe ABB is the European version.
 Top of the page
Jax184 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 8:11 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-11-06 10:16 PM

chiark - 2006-11-06 3:06 PM

Jax, I am so looking forward to your MUIs . One thing I'm not sure you can achieve through MUI is the sorting of contacts, but best of luck.

it is possible just hard to do... still, easier than to do the other built in stuff

I've had good luck with the translating, but bad luck with the resource editors. Hence the delayed next beta.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 2:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-11-07 9:20 AM

ABB refers to the keyboard layout. ABA is the US layout; I believe ABB is the European version.

ABB is the european version excluding UK
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 2:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Half-Saint - 2006-11-07 9:06 AM

Possibly a stupid question but what's an ABB J728?

I'm thinking Smartbook G138 or Sigmarion? Both have CF only?

Cheers
SainT

sig3 has SD too and usb host
 Top of the page
Sproing Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 10:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

DarkShadow,

The Sigmarion III from loloc-pro arrived today already. It was shipped directly from Japan and it arrived before the one from the US that was shipped a couple days before it! The Sigmarion III is also in perfect condition. Not a single scratch on the case or screen, no dead pixels or any wear on the keyboard. It looks almost new actually (but is supposedly used). A lot of the OS has already been translated to English (except some of the Japanese apps). So I guess I would say loloc-pro is a good seller

I haven't had much time to play with it yet but I have to say this thing looks awesome. The screen... Absolutely GORGEOUS. I have never seen a screen this nice on a CE device before. When I first turned it on I thought for a second I was looking at a laptop with a really nice screen running Windows XP. The J720's screen isn't even close. I still need to use it a bit more before I can comment on anything else.

Now I have to decide if I should use the compactflash slot for storage and the SD slot for wifi/bluetooth/etc.. I'm not even sure if the SD slot is an SDIO slot or not. Which slot do you guys for storage?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 7:39 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

It is SDIO, but you need the drivers from mobilecustom or other places...
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 29