x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Does it worth changing to a Sigmarion III?

1 2 3 4
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 8:14 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sproing - 2006-11-08 4:44 AM

The Sigmarion III from loloc-pro arrived today already. It was shipped directly from Japan

Did you have to pay the customs and import tax?

Cheers
SainT
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 8:23 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i use SD for storage because i prefer CF IO .. cheaper, more readily available and in the case of wlan, better sensitivity probably
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 8:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Half-Saint - 2006-11-08 2:14 PM

The Sigmarion III from loloc-pro arrived today already. It was shipped directly from Japan

Cheers
SainT

loloc-pro usually writes a lower value on the packages depends on the country then, the value he declares is over the customs limit in my country but no package from him has been caught so far, here.
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 8:28 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

You can only import items valued at up to $30 which is ridiculously low. Everything else means you're gonna pay... and pay big time But that's slovenian post for you...

Another edit: they don't even care about the declared value on the customs declaration. They just send you a letter saying that you have to supply a receipt or proof of purchase! Talking about greedy bureocrats...

Edited by Half-Saint 2006-11-08 8:32 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 11:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah, well, similar here.. vat and duty free limit is about 22 EUR if not a gift, 45 EUR if declared as a gift loloc pro marked all zauruses i ordered from him as each having a value of 11,000 yen. they didn't get caught even though they were sent with EMS

oh and the receipt thing.. that has become the policy here only recently, but actually i really like it. you can now insure items and still get away without paying, relatively easily
 Top of the page
finnpp Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 12:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Quote :

Cheers
SainT

No , no taxes, but my sig3 was sent as a gift. It tekes fous open days to come from japan, and it was like new.

finnpp
 Top of the page
gusthy
gusthy Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 12:39 PM
#
Half-Saint - 2006-11-08 8:28 AM

You can only import items valued at up to $30 which is ridiculously low. Everything else means you're gonna pay... and pay big time But that's slovenian post for you...

Another edit: they don't even care about the declared value on the customs declaration. They just send you a letter saying that you have to supply a receipt or proof of purchase! Talking about greedy bureocrats...

HI,

AFAIK, for IT devices there is no import tax in EU.

Attila
 Top of the page
Sproing Page Icon Posted 2006-11-09 10:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Half-Saint - 2006-11-08 8:14 AM

Cheers
SainT

Nope, no import tax on the one I received either.. and I usually get taxed for EVERY piece of electronics I get from outside the country.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-09 4:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

gusthy - 2006-11-08 6:39 PM

HI,

AFAIK, for IT devices there is no import tax in EU.

Attila

hi gusthy

btw, this bit of info is incorrect. i've been forced to pay vat+duty many times on IT items. of course only if their origin was outside the EU. and this sig3 comes from japan. so i'd say this was partially luck
 Top of the page
gusthy
gusthy Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 6:38 PM
#
Hi, as we all know, budapest is a really small willage (Will you ever tell me your full real name? Perhaps in a private mail that also includes my beloved hungarian keyboard driver )

I will look after this tax thing, now i am curious about it...
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-11-16 3:57 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

A few days ago I send an inquiry to the general customs office here in Ljubljana. They confirmed that no customs have to be paid, only VAT.

Cheers
SainT
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-11-16 4:40 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Just for info on the UK situation. If you import from outside the EU to inside the EU, VAT is due no matter what country you live in. Some countries are more strict at collecting than others.

Depending on what the goods are, a duty may be payable too, such as on games consoles (could be 4%, but the details aren't important) - that's why sony battled so hard to persuade the EU that the PS2 was a computer and not a console, and arguably why they released the PS2 linux kit

There should be no duty on handheld PCs IIRC, but then again the tax men aren't the sharpest people...

If you have something sent to a UK business address, I would bet money that VAT will be payable. If you get it sent to a residential address, you probably will not providing value is declared fairly small ($50 ish dollars).

The thing that really gets to me is that, if you do get charged, you also get charged a "customs clearance fee" which is about 13GBP ($20). If you don't pay it, you don't get your goods. I believe that's called extortion when it's not done with the backing of the government
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-16 10:02 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

gusthy - 2006-11-15 12:38 AM

Hi, as we all know, budapest is a really small willage (Will you ever tell me your full real name? Perhaps in a private mail that also includes my beloved hungarian keyboard driver )

I will look after this tax thing, now i am curious about it...

hehe, sorry, about the keyb. driver. i'll send it soon! btw did you receive the sig3 yet? and yes i'll tell you my name if you send an email asking about it
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-16 10:03 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

chiark - 2006-11-16 10:40 AM

The thing that really gets to me is that, if you do get charged, you also get charged a "customs clearance fee" which is about 13GBP ($20). If you don't pay it, you don't get your goods. I believe that's called extortion when it's not done with the backing of the government

13GBP?? that is insane! we don't have that, just a small fee to pay for all their efforts to rob you of your money i guess it's about 2 GBP.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-16 10:04 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Half-Saint - 2006-11-16 9:57 AM

A few days ago I send an inquiry to the general customs office here in Ljubljana. They confirmed that no customs have to be paid, only VAT.

i dont care about duty..vat is very high here
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 30