x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wanted: a sun-lens for my Hitachi Eplate

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 9:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

My Hitachi Eplate is nearly the most perfect handheld. It is a tablet CE device, and nearly perfect.

Except for one glitch - you can't see or read the screen when outdoors. So I have a vision of sun-lens. They have plastic screen protection sheets for PDAs. I'm imagining one that is slightly tinted and which can be slipped on the screen when out doors.

So I'm thinking of a thin hard plastic transparent sheet that is tinted. But what color should it be tinted? And where could I find such a plastic sheet?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 4:30 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Moving to hpcBay...
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

OOOOOOOh! I've got it half figured out (if anyone is reading this)

Plastic report covers. Remember when you did your reports for school and bought a report cover with the slide on binding.

Now the question remains - what color? Smoke-colored? Bluish tint? Greenish tint? Reddish tint? Any ideas?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 3:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Kinda thick, isn't that? I would think it'd be a bit cumbersome figuring a way to place it securely over the screen.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-08 5:56 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

With these tablet-like devices, you can fit the edges under the chassis that holds the screen in place. In fact the original screen protector that came with the Eplate would work that way. But it was too stiff and slippery.

I guess the next step for me is to buy a couple of these report covers and to experiment.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 25