x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS: One Secondhand Smartbook G138

1 2 3
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 11:06 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

if you can tell me border fees and shipping to Nova Scotia, Canada I may buy it... MAY..
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 5:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The shipping weight is 1.4 KG, based upon Royal Mail (dot com) stated prices

Airfreight: £13.88
International Signed for: £3.50

That has an insurance value of up to £32 - send it like that and there wont be any border fee

Insurance up to £500, I couldn't see at a glance on the RM site and I cannot remember off the top of my head. It should only be a few more £. With that you run the risk of being picked up for import duty. Because it is classed as private sale, not commercial, in the majority of cases people have never been billed who I have shipped to.

I am working on photographs for those who have asked for them.
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 6:41 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

mmm..... (tempted) ill think about it.. I REALLY want it but Im not sure if I have the cash..
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 7:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The shipping price can be reduced slightly if it's surface mailed or course. I am not sure that there is much else that can be pulled off the shipping though, as I do it at cost anyway.

You options are don't insure it or snail mail it as far as I can see; or you have someone in the UK you want it shipped to because they're coming out to you. So long as I have official proof of sending, I would be happy with that.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 6:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 7:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just a little advice: do not use surface... very very bad experiences. two packages lost out of three so far! even when insured!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 5:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Was this with Royal Mail, or are you speaking generally?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 10:32 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i was speaking generally. and of course having to literally wait months for the package to arrive (if it ever arrives) is insane. if it is some small / inexpensive thing you can do without for a while, it could be ok if only it were more reliable. but a real smartbook does deserve something better
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 10:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's down to the seller if saving £5-8 is worth waiting four weeks. Different people, different perceptions of value.

Personally, I'd want it ASAP too

I, personally, have never lost anything that was snail mailed. I have had things pinched air-mail though. One thing was irriplacable (so it turned out) because of a computer systems malfunction, but I digress.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 10:54 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

four weeks - that is incorrect, because that is all working days. so more like 6 weeks. and that's just a delivery aim, it could be more (and it usually is).

but as i said it could be ok if reliable enough.

so, to sum it all up... warning to buyer: save 5-8GBP and risk a 66% chance of losing the smartbook.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 10:56 AM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie,

Boy, you are lucky you never lost nothing in snail mail.

I am waiting for the MobilePro case from Oflash and it has been over or about 14 days. We are 1 state away from each other.

I live in other countries and lost things but it is the only way for now.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 11:21 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh Ceya don't say your mobilepro case has been lost too anyway it is not oflash's fault, but the unreliable surface service. how can they (postal service) offer this option at all?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 11:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

sigh my words are a bug lantern.

26.87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ceya, sounds like from your experience the USPS can be pretty inefficient? I do a lot of international shipping, here, there and everywhere and I will admit that the US postal/courier systems do from my experience cause a lot of slow downs... and over zealous security policies aren't helping matters

Post Canada seem quite efficient when I'm sending things to major cities, sending from Canada is a slightly different story though.

I gave up sending anything into the Czech postal system, I'd air-mail it over there and it would just vanish into thin air.

I do however believe that DHL/UPS etc are over-rated. Costs far too much to send and they're not exactly what I would call in any sort of hurry. It cost me £70 to send something worth £50 out to Australia once through DHL. It turned up 5 weeks later, and this was to an address in Sidney!

Sending out Smartbook though has been pretty good, no losses, no damage and always early/on-time. *touch wood*
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 12:12 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Alot of countries postal services have flaws. Japan being one of the best.

I lived in alot and C:Amie I also do alot of international shipping also including your neck of the woods.

I still use USPS for all of my need excepte bulk.

Cmonex, I didn't blame nobody yet, Thanks for the reply at the other forum!

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 12:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Customs in Australia has been rough with stricter rules than the US.

S/F,
CEYA1
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 31