x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dialogs windows problem!

1 2 3 4
Emà!!!
Emà!!! Page Icon Posted 2006-11-13 5:10 PM
#
I'm in trouble with some ppc programs, on my Packard Bell GPS400 (Ce.net 4.2):

The dialog window (generally for options or settings) is completely blank!
For example, i've this problem with the ppc version of GSplayer... i think it depends on some dll (aygshell or coredll)...
(in the hpc version, the settings window works fine)
The same thing happens also with calligrapher, opera and many others...
Have you experimented this kind of problem on other cenet or hpc device?

PS: cmonex, the problem is not the window size (i know the winwatch trick)... the fact is that i can't see the contents, cause the window is empty.... is completely blank!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-13 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmmm that is interesting. can you show us screenshots?
 Top of the page
Emà!!!
Emà!!! Page Icon Posted 2006-11-14 2:23 AM
#
cmonex - 2006-11-13 6:30 PM

hmmm that is interesting. can you show us screenshots?

I have a couple of screens... i'll try to post...

As you can see, the dialogs are completely useless....
I had the same problem also with Opera and Acrobat reader 2 (from your site), while the version 1 works fine...

Execheck reports in both cases that aygshell and commctrl cant be loaded. In Calligrapher (is the Cgrmanager.exe file, ver. 7.3) there are also CeShell and Crimages.dll. In GsPlayer there are some coredll's "doesn't export a function ordinary 4xx"....
Execheck find the identical problems with the Hpc version of GSplayer (except aygshell, that is not required by the exe), but the dialogs works fine in that...

Edited by Emà!!! 2006-11-14 2:35 AM

(GSPlayer.jpg)

(Calligrapher.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments GSPlayer.jpg (22KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments Calligrapher.jpg (12KB - 5 downloads)
 Top of the page
Emà!!!
Emà!!! Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 1:12 PM
#
Please cmonex, don't tell me that the "hpc genius" is in trouble for that? ....sigggh!!!

Seriously, i would want to know if this is an usual problem whit ppc applications on all windows ce devices, or it's a particular problem only of my device, that's not a real hpc.

You've never experienced anything like that with Jornada or others wince devices?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 2:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it is a strange problem, didn't really experience this before. i'll try to look into this and get back to you... or maybe TFGBD has an idea
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

TFGBD has never seen anything like that either..

i have only one idea now, but i need to know first if you're able to run this taskmanager: http://izemize.fw.hu/TaskMgrv13.zip (i included aygshell with it)
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I dunno...thats an odd one... My best guess was was that it had to do with the system color settings... They must have set the system font color to white along with the window background color... but then Cmonex reminded me that the H/PC version displays fine! So, I dunno now... :0

My best guess now will have to be this:
Somehow they have a less complete implementation of GWES.exe (Graphics Windowing and Events Subsystem) than most devices. One thing you can try is replacing the GWES.exe in ROM with a more complete copy in RAM. (I hope the RAMdisk of your device persists after a reset.)

But other than that...I have no idea...

If you come visit us on #HPCDev IRC channel on EFnet, maybe you can try this and see if it will help.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-11-17 6:40 PM
 Top of the page
Emà!!!
Emà!!! Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 3:56 AM
#
Cmonex, Your Taskmanager works pretty fine, as you can see in the screenshot!

Thank's TFGBD, but is not a problem of fonts color, i've tryed also with windows default scheme....
I've gwes.exe in rom, yes. My device have also a resident flash that persist after reset, you means that with "ramdisk"? Do you think that is possible to replace it, and that a gwes.exe from a different system could work (not only with dialogs)?

I'm not so good with chat (and also with english!!!), but i will try ....

(display_3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments display_3.jpg (50KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 8:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad to see the taskmanager runs so well. if you can visit us at #hpcdev i would talk you through the steps as to what to check with the taskmanager. or if that doesn't work, i'll describe it here.. but i'd prefer irc

TFGBD meant the ramdisk that is in RAM. does it persist on resetting? on some special devices it doesn't (so it'd be harder to implement a new gwes i guess)

Edited by cmonex 2006-11-18 8:42 AM
 Top of the page
Emà!!!
Emà!!! Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 10:51 AM
#
cmonex - 2006-11-18 8:41 AM

glad to see the taskmanager runs so well. if you can visit us at #hpcdev i would talk you through the steps as to what to check with the taskmanager. or if that doesn't work, i'll describe it here.. but i'd prefer irc

TFGBD meant the ramdisk that is in RAM. does it persist on resetting? on some special devices it doesn't (so it'd be harder to implement a new gwes i guess)

Uhmm... i can see only 3 storage spaces:
1-SecureDigital, 2-ResidentFlash and 3-the main storage space, where are Windows-Program Files-My Documents-Network ecc...folders.
So i think ramdisk is the third one, isn't it?
If i'm right, files in that persist only on soft resetting, not on HR, of course.

But is the in-rom gwes file overwritable?

PS: today i visit your chat, but i haven't seen you...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 12:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

are you sure you visited an efnet server? for example efnet.demon.co.uk - but you're right, i wasn't there, had to go. i'll be there soon.

yes you have a ramdisk and it's good news and yes gwes can be overwritten
 Top of the page
Emà!!!
Emà!!! Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 2:00 PM
#
Seems i've some problem with efnet......

Anyway, we have 2 good news... the third would be that i can find a workink gwes.exe!
I hope that it hasn't some dependecy with others files (that maybe i haven't)!
 Top of the page
fy789 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 2:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I second that execheck behaves strangely under WinCE.net 4.2 in my WebDT 375 webpad

I have the same blank text screen as the above poster, and execheck try to create another file with the name tested_program_name_execheck.exe in the same dir., and corrupt the orignial tested .exe file.

Any other ce.net 4.2 users have these problems ??

========
fy789
 Top of the page
Emà!!!
Emà!!! Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 2:37 PM
#
fy789 - 2006-11-18 2:25 PM

I second that execheck behaves strangely under WinCE.net 4.2 in my WebDT 375 webpad

I have the same blank text screen as the above poster, and execheck try to create another file with the name tested_program_name_execheck.exe in the same dir., and corrupt the orignial tested .exe file.

Any other ce.net 4.2 users have these problems ??

========
fy789

Hi, i've never had something like that... Exechcek never create me another exe file.... I don't know...

But i can confirm that my "blank dialog" problem happens also with acrobat 2.0 (not with the 1.0 version).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 3:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Emà!!! - 2006-11-18 8:00 PM

Seems i've some problem with efnet......

Anyway, we have 2 good news... the third would be that i can find a workink gwes.exe!
I hope that it hasn't some dependecy with others files (that maybe i haven't)!

were you n00b...something on efnet #hpcdev?

what good news do you have?

anyway, run one of your problematic apps, open the problematic dialog, and go to the taskmanager and there to the tab named "Wnd", and make a screenshot (or screenshots if there's too much stuff listed)
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11