x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dialogs windows problem!

1 2 3 4
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 10:31 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Sorry to be off topic, but which task manager is that - looks useful!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 11:02 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ebay is a good place to buy a hpc for example the jornada 720 is popular so quite easy to find. but you can find newer ones as well. definitely try to get one
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 11:23 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

chiark - 2006-11-27 4:31 PM

Sorry to be off topic, but which task manager is that - looks useful!

dotfred's, from buzzdev.net. (has to be hacked a little bit, aygshell, and OS version change if you want it for cenet 4.1)
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 2:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Ok. I think I figured out your problem. I actually got my own Windows CE 4.2 GPS device the other day and I had the same problem with a few Pocket PC apps. The issue is really simple...its almost embarassing that I did not think of it before! Its because you are using Hou Ming's Homebrew Aygshell as the system Aygshell on Windows CE 4.2. Windows CE 4.2 started shipping with its own Aygshell and many apps on 4.2 really work best with the Microsoft one. Just by looking at your screenshots, I can tell you are using the homebrew one by the font weight. The Microsoft Aygshell that ships with CE 4.2 actually has a much bolder font and looks more like the Pocket PC 2002/2003 menubar.

Please try the Microsoft Aygshell found in Cmonex's aygshell package and see if that fixes your issues. Good luck!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

um, i thought different aygshells have already been tried... strange.

and why doesn't this aygshell cause issues on other cenet devices / hpc's?
 Top of the page
Emà!!!
Emà!!! Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 6:15 PM
#
Uhm, i think i've tryed with all aygshell found on cmonex site.....
About the fonts aspect, i've modify it with Nyditot and Smalltweak.

Anyway, which is the Microsoft aygshell? Is the Platform Builder 4.2 one?
I actually have that as default aygshell in windows folder.....
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 6:41 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Oh... I see... Then that is strange. Then it may be because your OS was not built with Aygshell support and you may need to replace some other system components like commctrl.dll and gwes.exe to improve Pocket PC compatability. Please visit us on the IRC server EFNet, channel #HPCDev where we can try to help you better. Thanks.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-11-27 6:42 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 7:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the jornada wasnt built with aygshell support either and no problems.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 11:36 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yeah, but CE 4.2 does have it and (as you know) you do notice some odd system behavior when you replace it with one of the homebrew ones.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-28 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ce 4.2 has it even when no aygshell.dll is present in rom? that is interesting and explains a lot.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yeah. If you add an aygshell to a CE 4.2 system that does not have one in ROM, you will notice that the H/PC-like shell will start using the AYGshell immediately.(you will see fullscreen dialogs and such) It does not even need a reset.
 Top of the page
psmitty7373 Page Icon Posted 2006-12-09 7:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Maybe you guys can help with this dialog question...

The original from google images is on the left, mine on the right. Why is the menu missing? Also why are my taskbars/file bars so ugly?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-09 8:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i guess the aygshell isn't up to the task.. which one did you use?
 Top of the page
psmitty7373 Page Icon Posted 2006-12-09 9:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've tried numerous. No dice. It uses CF 1 SP 3. Think that has anything to do with it?
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-12-09 10:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

psmitty7373 - 2006-12-09 9:26 PM

I've tried numerous. No dice. It uses CF 1 SP 3. Think that has anything to do with it?

Yep! That has everything to do with it and nothing to do with aygshell at all (very few NETCF apps use it. The NETCF will just use it when run on Pocket PC). See, one of the neat things about the NETCF is that not only is it processor independent but also WinCE Platform independent. The same framework binaries are used on Pocket PC, Smartphone and Handheld PC. The NETCF will actually display the same app differently on each different platform so it looks more like a native program for that platform. That is why the same app looks more like a native H/PC program when run on your Windows CE .net H/PC.

"Menu"? The control you are refering to is called a "Tabstrip". You at first confused me when you said "menu" but its ok.

Anyway, the reason that your tabstrip contol is covered by the Handheld PC menubar has everything to do with NETCF SP3. If you install an older version of the NETCF like SP1 (not sure about SP2) this issue will magicly be fixed. It seems like this issue was introduced in the newer versions of the NETCF. I have no idea why, but the same apps that when run with older NETCF versions displayed fine, now have parts of their UI covered by the menu with SP3.

Where before authors needed to do nothing for their apps to display well on H/PC, this "bug"(or whatever) introduced in SP3 now makes it so that the author needs to move the controls slightly down the form so the menubar does not cover parts of their app on H/PC. This, IMO, is a pretty annoying bug and is not found in the Windows desktop version of the framework where the menu bars are also at the top.

I think C:Amie should host all the older versions of the NETCF so users that do not mind using an out of date version can fix issues like this with the apps they want to run. C:Amie: If you need them, I can provide you with SP1 and SP2.

Anyway, I hope this helped explain the issue you were having better.

Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11