x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J690 and Orange SPV 600

barney77
barney77 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-16 6:21 PM
#
I'm trying to get my J690 and smartphone to talk to each other.

I was hoping that I could use the smartphone as a modem using the generic IrDA modem drivers but I've had no look so far. I'm not really sure how to set things up - I can alter the relevant bits on the Jornada but don't know what to do on the phone.

Any ideas / tips?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-16 6:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

doesnt the phone have some modem link program? (i assume this uses windows mobile as you said smartphone)
 Top of the page
barney77
barney77 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 2:33 PM
#
The phone does have a modem link program (it is a windows smartphone - the OS says CE 5.1) that lets you connect via the IR port but it's a bit confusing.

On the phone you choose the connection (USB/IR) and the 'access point' (one of which is the connection you use on the phone to go on the internet) and then 'activate' it.

I'm probably being more dense than usual but what do you then do on the Jornada? It doesn't work if you just choose the IR modem to use with a normal dial-up connection (unsurprisingly since the phone's internet connection does that bit).

I know I'm missing something obvious but I don't know what.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 6:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to do exactly that, the only one thing you might've not mentioned: if this is gsm/gprs/edge/higher, then just dial *99# on the jornada

if it is cdma/evdo/whatever, i don't know what you need to dial.
 Top of the page
barney77
barney77 Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 2:48 PM
#
Ooo I'm so close to getting this to work but its just not quite there.

Thanks Cmonex it is GPRS and the *99# part seems to be right. I found some instructions elsewhere ( http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=3024 ) that had me add this into the modem special settings box as well:

+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”orangeinternet”,””,0,0

This gets the phone and Jornada connected OK but my Jornada then says authenticating user (having earlier asked for username etc). The settings on the phone show username / password left blank.

Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 8:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

so it gets stuck at authenticating phase? hmm, did you try without the special settings too? (and i would try 1,1 at the end, may be faster )
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.143 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8