x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jornada 720 blank screen (but backlight)?

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-30 8:17 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow! congrats!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-30 8:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I impressed myself too. (Good thing no soldering was involved, though - I'd have toasted it. ) But I think I proved that it's doable by someone who has a steady hand and does a little homework.

Only thing is, now I gotta mourn the loss of my first H/PC, the 680, which gave its life to bring back that 728 from the dead. The 680 is just a stack of parts now.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-30 11:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

get some 680 parts on ebay! or just a 720 screen(cable). it would be a real sin to let your first hpc die like that. btw what are you going to do with two 728's?

Edited by cmonex 2006-11-30 11:25 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-01 12:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, I only need one, so I'm considering selling the one I've just revived - but I'm not sure yet.

That's why it took me so long to do it - I was going back and forth over whether I was willing to give up the 680. I think it's served its purpose, though. Just the same, I'll probably hang onto it for a while before I decide whether to rebuild it or sell the remaining parts. (If I rebuild, I'll probably have to replace the CF card door too, as well as a couple of voice recorder button parts.)
 Top of the page
jgregoryj1
jgregoryj1 Page Icon Posted 2009-08-13 9:55 AM
#
Hello,

I have a J720. I have a problem where the screen is too bright when I turn it on. I can angle the screen enough to barely get to the display settings and try to adjust it, but to avail. No matter whether I use dim or power saving setting it is way too bright to where all i see is pretty much white. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? My email address is jgregoryj1@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Top of the page
nicmalone Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 1:52 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi All
I'm also having the same problem of the OP, blank screen but with the backlight working. I foolishly had my J720 in a back without its case. When I put the bag on a hard floor under a desk the J720 was at the bottom of the bag and took the impact - not much, but I heard it thunk :-O

Odly, I can still recover the screen by lightly squeezing the bottom inch of the screen, on each side. Not sure which side is doing this, or if both are needed. Sounds like a loose contact but I haven't dared to crack it open yet. Might do now though after reading these posts. Maybe the screen ribbon cable just got unseated slightly?
 Top of the page
nicmalone Page Icon Posted 2011-03-02 1:54 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

jgregory
No matter whether I use dim or power saving setting it is way too bright to where all i see is pretty much white

A bit late now maybe but did you try using the actual adjustment sliders rather than the preset Dim, Indoor, Outdoors settings?
 Top of the page
covex Page Icon Posted 2011-05-06 9:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

To problem with backlight too bright is common to Jornadas. This is due to some connector problems. As a workaround you may try to press several times the border of the display or around the hinge or try to twist slightly the whole display. This should fix it for the moment.

Edited by covex 2011-05-06 9:55 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-06 10:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There are two settings that make a difference...one is the brightness, the other is the contrast. Lower the contrast and the brightness will not become an issue...
 Top of the page
felixbecker2 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-29 11:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Jax184 - 2006-11-22 1:06 AM
The screens in the 680, 690, 710, 720 and 728 are slightly different models, but all compatible with each other. A screen cable from one will work in any other.

I am just going to replace an 720 screen by an 680 screen. Seems like my 720's screen cable is broken. But I want to save the work and burgden to the device by opening the 680's screen and change the cable, so I want to replace the whole screen unit straigt away.

Just quickly connecting the 680's unit to the 720 I noticed that it works, but the quick touch buttons on the right edge seem not to work. I can tap on them, but nothing opens. Do they at the 680 somehow generate different signals than at the 720 so that I haave to change the cable and so open the 680's screen unit? Or should it work and the problem is not within the screen unit?

My 680 is a German version, the 720 an English (UK).

Bye,
Felix.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11