x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Advise needd on Jornada 680 Wireless Connection with Cisco 340 wireless card

CSCS
CSCS Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 6:07 PM
#
I searched many web sites hoping to find solution to get my Jornada 680 to surf wirelesssly. Finally, I am so happy that there is still a web site that discuss the HP Jornada. I have searched the entire HPC:Factor on the above subject line, but unable to find any thread that discussed about the Cisco 340 wireless card. I am a beginner in this wireless thing and I hope someone here is ale to help me. My handheld device is HP Jornada 680. core system is WIn CE 2.11.
My wireless card is a Cisco Aironet 340 ( I bought it few days ago, after reading in the internet that Cisco 340 can be used on the Jornada 680. I managed to download the Cisco driver to the Jornada 680; Cisco Client Utility icon is on the desktop of the Jornada 680). The error message keeps appearing: DHCP was unable to obtain an IP address". So I tried manually key in an IP address, it showed wireless signal strength is good, but not able to connect to the internet (my home wireless network is unsecure type). May I know what did I do wrong.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 6:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
CSCS
CSCS Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 7:47 PM
#
Thank you. Sorry, I must have missed that thread. I just finished reading the whole thread and I have also completed what needed to be done. Here is my Jornada 680 wireless setup; By the way my home network is Unsecure; I tried to Up grade to SP1, but only the IE sucessfully installed, the others like the Pocket MS word, Power Pt, Excel and Outlook not able to install.

I could see the Activity Light (on the wireless card) keep blinking very fast. However, the Status Light blinks at the rate of about every second. I tried to log on, failed everytime. Hope you can help me to identify my problem.

Handheld Device: Core System 2.11

Network Configuration;
Cisco Wreless Lan Adapter (Highlighted)
IP Address: Obtain an IP Addressvia DHCP
Name Servers: I did not input anything

Driver Version: 2.22.16
Firmware Version: 4.25.30
SSID: (No Input)
Client Name: Home
Infrastructure mode: Yes
Power Save Mode: CAM
WEP: Disabled
Authentication Type: Open
Leap: Disabled
Mixed Mode: Disabled
World Mode: Disabled
Data Rates: Auto
Transmit Power: Max
 Top of the page
CSCS
CSCS Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 8:31 PM
#
I tired a hard reset on my Jornada and kept trying for a few times. Then i read a thread that mentioned to set it 2 MPS. Now it is working; I can log on to the internet. BUT I could not log on to gmail; it always returned with an error
" Unable to establish a secure connection". Can you advise me on how to overcome this problem?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 8:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

for gmail, try to install the 128 bit ssl update.
 Top of the page
CSCS
CSCS Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 9:02 PM
#
Thanks a millions. I got it. This is a great web site becuase of the helpful people in this forum. By the way, I switched it back to 11 Mbps from the 2 Mbps. And it is still surfing fine. So I really at a lost of what did I do Correctly that I managed to get it log on.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 9:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CSCS - 2006-11-21 3:02 AM

By the way, I switched it back to 11 Mbps from the 2 Mbps. And it is still surfing fine. So I really at a lost of what did I do Correctly that I managed to get it log on.

hpc's just don't always connect successfully (=get the right IP) for the first time. after that has happened, it'll be ok afterwards. (so it means you just have to retry - by reinsertng card or soft resetting)

only ce.net seems to have solved this problem.

Edited by cmonex 2006-11-20 9:29 PM
 Top of the page
CSCS
CSCS Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 9:45 PM
#
Since i got it log on, i have been using it to visit various web sites. So far so good, until I visited my office web site. It says that i need to upgrade my Flash Player. I ignored it but when I tried to surf the office web site, i have problem. Visited Adobe download centre, it has player for Pocket PC but not Win CE 2.11.
Is there other web site that I can find the necessary software?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 10:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

not for your 680 720, maybe.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.175 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 25