x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Clio 1050 with Seirra Wireless 775? Please help!!!

Josh
Josh Page Icon Posted 2005-03-01 9:20 PM
#
Hi all,
I am a newb to this whole world of Window CE. I am a very disappointed person right now. I just bought a Vadem Clio 1050 on ebay (http://www.pinaxgroup.com/products/clio_products_main.htm) , it says it is: Microsoft ® Windows ® CE Handheld PC Professional Edition, Windows CE 3.0 (core version 2.11), and I found the AirCard 775 card on the Sierra Wireless website (http://www.sierrawireless.com/SupportDownload/software_ac775_att.asp). It says it works with Handheld PC 2000 Windows CE 3.0 (device such as HP Jornada 720) (ARM & MIPS). I thought that is what my Clio 1050 was. Apparantely not, because the Cards will not install on my Clio. I really like the Clio, and I bought 2 Clio's and 2 775 Aircards with ATT High speed wireless service. I need something that will work with some sort of WIFI service, I preferred the Verizon Wireless EVDO Broadband access with bursts up to 2.4 MBits, but I could not find CE drivers.

So, my questions to you gurus out there:
1. Is there any unsupported drivers for the 775 for my Clio anywhere?
2. Is there any way to upgrade my ROM in my Clio to the real CE 3.0?
3. Is there another high speed WAN card that will work with the Clio?
4. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Josh
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 9:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC Pro Technical Support

Please better consider where you are posting your questions in the future, and please do not double post your questions on to this board.
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 9:28 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Your device is running HPC Pro, the version before HPC2000. Sierra Wireless does not appear to have any drivers available for this OS. I do have to hand it Sierra for being one of the few manufacturers who actually have HPC-specific drivers. I don't know of any other source for drivers, or of any high-speed WLAN cards that are compatible with CE 2.11. It might be easier (and cheaper) to get a more updated device on eBay, like a Jornada 720/728 or MobilePro 900.
 Top of the page
Dale Fink
Dale Fink Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 1:29 AM
#
I have a Clio 1050 and use an Oronoc Gold card for wifi at home and office. Works great on both.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 7:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Dale,
The Seirra is mobile modem, not WiFi.

But since you're here, welcome to the site and don't ever leave... I mean come back often
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10