x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Which PPC programmes work on Siemans SL4?

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-08 4:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, i'm busy atm, but will look at what you sent me in the last PM.

and i will list the ppc apps that ran on my simpad with cenet 4.1.
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-12-09 12:36 PM
#
Thanks cmonex, I know you are very busy and I was not expecting you to fix my problems.

My objective of this thread was to solicit experience from other Simpad owners. If you could just let me know which proggies work on your Simpad, then I'd be really grateful.

Cheers,

Ade
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-09 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

all the ppc apps i use work fine, acrobat 2.0 (i suspect you used 1.0 though, as 2.0 needs a hexedit you didn't mention), netfront (3.0, 3.3), destinator (3.0.25 and 5.1.80 PN), and now for fun i tried pocketxpdf, works too.

acrobat: we discussed that already, but 2.0 needs this: rewrite the two instances of 71 00 00 80 (hexadecimal) and another two of 94 04 00 80 to 29 00 00 80, in a hexeditor. (execheck failed to show this strangely.)
netfront: the packages on my site are OK.. aygshell, doclist, mfcce300 (preferably 301), olece300. + cellcore and os version change for 3.3.
destinator: aygshell (that's all what's needed for 3.0.25), doclist, mfcce300 (301), olece300 (for PN).

i'm not sure why you could feel the simpad has extra problems with ppc apps (other than the issues with execheck). if you used hpc2000 before, then some apps might need an extra hexedit (such as acrobat 2.0), but that's due to cenet, not because it is a simpad. if you tried to run wm2003 apps, you always need to rewrite OS version to 4.10 or lower (yep, in executabilitycheck, i used it on the simpad for this and it does the job fine).

Edited by cmonex 2006-12-09 3:41 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-09 3:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

btw, i tried the free map you sent me. where do i have to put it for the program to see it?
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-12-10 4:05 PM
#
Hello cmonex, I have been using the acrobat 2 from your site for a while thanks. I have not tried Paradigm's destinator yet, but I'll give it a go when I've managed to buy a copy of version 5.

Regarding the directory for the Routeplanner map, the best thing to do is to create a directory called "Routeplanner" on your storage card and extract the map to there. As tha .cab extracts, it sets an entry in your registry to point to this directory. In any case Routeplanner is very intelligent and will attempt to locate map directories even if the registry value is not set.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-10 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

as for destinator PN, 5.1.80 is the version of mine, but i heard some other subversions might have a problem (or just a corrupted ini file!).

Routeplanner didn't seem to be very intelligent to me so far but i'll try your suggestion.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8