x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Which PPC programmes work on Siemans SL4?

1 2
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-11-25 3:16 AM
#
Hello all,

I've had mixed fortunes getting PPC applications to work on my Siemans SL4 with CE 4.1 Can I ask other owners of Siemens HPCs (and clones) to list which .dlls (& in particular which version of aygshell) they have used and which PPC applications they have working on their HPC please?

I would like if possible to keep this thread specifically to applications that actually work on their HPCs and in particular the SL4s. I don't really need advice on installing dll's or hexeditting. Here is my info to get you started.

Device: Siemens SL4

Platform: CE 4.1

Applications that run: Adobe Reader 2

.dlls: aygshell (version 13, size 22Kb), mfcce300, olece300, note_prj, doclist and gx

Applications that do not seem to run: TomTom v5, Route Planner 2002
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-11-25 4:07 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Check out cmonex's site, she has alot of dlls.. Just an idea..

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-11-25 4:09 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-25 5:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

acrobat reader here too, but with mfcce301. and you didn't specify its size which is important (404k). olece is of course the corresponding version (254k). it does not need gx.dll, you can delete that. i think execheck would be a userful utility to you (sorry for the hacking advice ).

i need to run now, i'll see later what else i have.. what error messages do tomtom5 and router planner give if you try to run their exes?

Edited by cmonex 2006-11-25 5:54 AM
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-11-29 5:59 PM
#
Cmonex, thank you for your suggestions. I am sure you meant well but I have already tried using mfcce301 and the other .dlls on your website and hexitted the .exe's to match.
execheck is not helpful on my Simpad, it *always* reports that .exe's and .dll's don't load even though the dll's work with some .exe's e.g. execheck reported that Acrobat reader v2, aygshell, mfcce301 & commctrl wouldn't load even though it all works fine.

Are there any Simpad owners out there who would like to make a contribution to the thread please?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-29 9:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think you might need to soft reset before using execheck. and put execheck in ram.

but i'll check this execheck problem on my simpad.. the problem is i don't have tomtom5 or anything like that. maybe you can send the exe without the maps or whatever and i can try looking at it.
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-12-01 4:56 AM
#
cmonex, many thanks indeed. Please check PM for a link to the programs that I am having trouble with. Cheers, Ade.
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-12-02 9:28 AM
#
I can see that a lot of people have looked at this thread, so I assume that their are a lot of people out there who really do want to see what PPC programs work on the Simpad.

So, can those of you who have successfully run PPC programs on their Simpads post a quick note please? I'd be especially interested to hear if Simon Mullenger's CE 4.2 makes a difference.
Cheers,
Ade.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-02 12:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, didn't have time until now. i'll get my simpad now and see what execheck does with your programs

i don't have 4.2 on my simpad only on other machines but cenet 4.2 does make a difference as it has a cool aygshell and a newer ws2.dll. maybe better coredll but that usually can be adapted. i don't know when isotherm's layer will come out. until that 4.2 will be better in these aspects (and of course working remote desktop etc on the simpad)

Edited by cmonex 2006-12-02 12:41 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-02 12:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, have tried both programs you sent me. execheck is functioning properly except that it reports that commctrl problem i've seen that on some other cenet machines too.

both programs start up with an aygshell, noteprj, doclist and ppc version of mfcce300 (better to edit program to mfcce301). both complain about missing maps or data. so that's as far as i'm able to go without maps try them with these dlls!
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-12-02 3:08 PM
#
cmonex, I've already tried these PPC progs with your dlls several times. Please give me more informtion:
Which version of Aygshell please?
Which ROM version do you have on your Simpad?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-02 4:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i have english cenet 4.1. i used 16.5k aygshell. the noteprj and doclist versions shouldn't matter.

what error messages do you get when trying to run these apps? if it is "illegal operation / fatal error", then

do you have any wlan or other driver on your simpad? if so you might have to hexedit your apps to call mfcce301. if execheck still doesn't work (it realyl should after a soft reset and if you put execheck in RAM) then use a hexeditor and find all strings mfcce300, edit them to 301 and use the mfcce301 from my arm.zip/hexedited folder.
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-12-03 10:22 AM
#
cmonex, I am puzzled. Why you have said that I should hexedit the executibles and change all occurences of mfcce300.dll to mfcce301.dll Surely Prymenav and Routeplanner 2002 contain only one occurance each?

It DOES matter which version of Note_prj.dll is used, running either proute or prymenav causes my Simpad locks up when version 2 of Note_prj is used (7.5Kb 17/10/2002).

When version 1 of Note_prj is used then proute quits immediately with "Out of memory. [3015]" I believe this may be that it cannot find a file. Do you know which file proute could not find?

PrymeNav reports that the "sound files are missing or corrupted". Did you get this message? If so, how did you solve it?

Execheck is in the \windows directory, I have performed so many soft resets that I am surprsied the button has not worn out. Execheck just says Note_prj.dll, mfcce301 and AYGSHELL cannot be loaded. If I try execheck on Acrobat reader then it reports mfcce301, commctrl and AYGSHELL cannot be loaded. Acrobat reader works fine, hence my claim that execheck is lying.

I suppose I have moved slightly further forward, I now have PHM registry editor working.

I would still like other Simpad owners to share their knowledge of which PPC apps work and whether any special tricks were employed.

Ade
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-03 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm, as you can see i couldn't do a full testing without the maps. both of the programs exit immediately after telling me the maps aren't there. if you think it would help, you can send some maps (i'll delete them after testing).
i did get the sound error now after experimenting again, i'll check what could cause this..

about mfcce, some programs contain more than one call to mfcce. but execheck will take care of that.. (use rewrite dll button)

i can see now what you meant by problem with execheck. i don't know the answer to that. the simpad might be missing some function or it doesn't work properly. anyway, execheck still shows the proper info when i install a ppc app without supplying the dummy dll's. execheck reports the problems fine. (it would be worse if it didn't say anything at all)

sorry about the noteprj, i never noticed it would matter - doclist sometimes does though.

so what i used: 6.5k doclist, 6.5k noteprj. you can try 6.0k doclist too, works better sometimes - or try the newest maybe. (it's at that japanese page.. i always forget the link, if you can't find it let me know)
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-12-03 7:27 PM
#
Thanks, cmonex. please check PM for link to map.

I still have an Amiga (well, several) and a program called Snoopdos was brilliant for sorting out problems with missing libraries or device handlers. What a pity that we don't have anything as advanced as that on present day machines!

Ade
 Top of the page
adeprice
adeprice Page Icon Posted 2006-12-08 4:10 PM
#
So, two weeks later and no one has actually written to say that they have PPC programs that work on the Simpad. Does this mean that the Simpad just doesn't like PPC programs?

Does anyone have Simon Mullenger's CE 4.2 on their Simpad? If so, what is it like for running PPC programs?

Come on, someone must have some good news somewhere!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8