x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS (GLOBAL): 3com Wifi with Retractable Antenna

1 2 3 4 5
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-19 3:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

isotherm - 2006-12-13 8:26 PM

I'm out of these for now, but more are coming. Price on these will be somewhat higher. Some are new in box with materials for those who desire that. I've created a replacement driver utility that does profiles and active scanning. I'll post again when I have more ready to ship.

If it's close to the above price, I'm in. Will they be coming soon?
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-03-07 5:59 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

isotherm - 2006-11-25 12:02 PM

IMPORTANT: 3com says it does not work with 400MHz processors (i.e. Mobilepro 900). I tested this and it seems to be true. This card is primarily for Jornada 72x users (or perhaps someone wanting wifi for an older laptop). I've read that it might work in Linux (it does seem to work on desktop Linux), but you will need to research that before you buy. It's Atmel chipset AT76C502A.

Cost: $12.24 shipped in the USA, US$13.26 shipped internationally. I'll let this post linger for a week or so before listing on eBay.

Why can't it work with 400MHz processors? This would be really nice for my MP900c! I am always going on the internet with it and then I have to leave in a hurry.
Does anyone know why? Is it a problem with the hardware or drivers? Can it be fixed?

Edit: I just looked where it says that. Since when does something have to be "under" a certain spec. that is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of!

Edited by Bensawsome 2007-03-07 6:06 PM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2007-03-08 3:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

It's a problem with the (lack of) drivers. They exist only for StrongARM (that is what they actually mean when they say 400MHz+). A 900C would have two counts against it, as the drivers don't work on CE.NET either. But the card doesn't work in a 900 with HPC2000 either, due to the XScale processor. The only way to fix it would be to write drivers from scratch.

As mentioned earlier, I'm making a replacement driver utility that fits the HPC screen. Then I took a break because I needed to figure out how to solve gorgon5's problem. The driver is so picky that it only works on certain devices - 720 was okay, but 728 was not! I'm going to get these back on the market once I get this resolved.

Edited by isotherm 2007-03-08 3:54 PM
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-03-08 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Is there anyway that we could rewrite the drivers for the MP900c?
 Top of the page
jruschme Page Icon Posted 2007-03-08 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

FWIW, I believe the card is based on an ATMEL chipset. Anybody know of a generic driver?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2007-03-08 8:22 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yes, it uses the Atmel chipset. There is absolutely no reference driver, and the only available drivers work on StrongARM only (and only some devices within that subset). Also, the 3com has different firmware so the 3com drivers must be used.

I would say that there's no hope of getting it to work on any other machine unless somebody really feels like writing a new driver. The Linux driver is open sourced by Atmel, but it's still not a trivial task. But if any extraordinary programmer with loads of free time feels like doing so, be my guest.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-08 8:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The HCL still contains a link to download 3cwlance.exe for CE .NET 4.2. I guess that is an error.
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-03-08 9:11 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CAuser - 2007-03-08 8:54 PM

The HCL still contains a link to download 3cwlance.exe for CE .NET 4.2. I guess that is an error.

It does! AND I checked the product number also! It is:3CRWE62092B
Maybe I will buy one!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-08 10:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the hcl has several similar errors .. the card doesn't work even on the simpad which is strongarm and cenet..
 Top of the page
richardl1 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Do you still have those cards available? I have a roamabout which works about 1/2 time time because it has a bend in it. So, a new card would be nice.

What is your price as of now?

richardl1@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
richardl1 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Do you have more of these cards available now? What is your price and what would be the procedure to purchase one?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 3:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You know I really like the idea of a pop out antenna...you'd think that some other manufacturers would have followed suit and came up with something. Nice to not have something stick out when not in use.

Rich
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 4:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I've finished a preview version of a native driver utility for these cards. For more information, and all interested (or prior) purchasers, please visit WLAN Monitor for Atmel Chipsets: Preview for current information.

Edited by isotherm 2007-03-13 4:19 PM

(wlan1.gif)

(wlan2.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments wlan1.gif (11KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments wlan2.gif (11KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 4:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Xjack is patent protected. No other manufacturers can make similar cards.

Edited by CAuser 2007-03-13 4:52 PM
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 2:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I want to give a plug for this card and utility. I got one a while ago and it didn't work with J728s, but isotherm modified the driver so now it does! How's that for customer service?

I recommend everyone with a J7XX get one. It's like having built-in wifi. Only thing I'm still trying to figure out is if you can display which access points have WEP...
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 13