x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS (GLOBAL): 3com Wifi with Retractable Antenna

1 2 3 4 5
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 12:29 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Look at his pics above your post. see the first. It shows WEP disabled.

I need to have the modified driver. I have the site to the driver. I think the crash took my pm that was sent.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2007-03-19 12:39 AM
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 7:46 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ceya - 2007-03-19 12:29 AM

Look at his pics above your post. see the first. It shows WEP disabled.

I need to have the modified driver. I have the site to the driver. I think the crash took my pm that was sent.

S/F,
CEYA!

From my tests, all available networks show up as "?" unless they have already been connected to. So in the picture above, first "X" is a profile that is unavailable, second is a check mark to show connected, and the rest are other available networks with no indicator if they have WEP or not.

Just send another PM; I'm sure isotherm will be accomidating
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Please do not send PM's... There is a limit of 50 and it becomes impossible to keep track of them (not to mention a bunch were lost). As I said earlier, anyone interested should see http://forums.alpaxo.com/viewtopic.php?id=7.

Edited by isotherm 2007-03-19 9:13 AM
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Elite

No , when I got mine I asked for driver info and you sent me 3com site info. The crash took those PMs away.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-03-29 5:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

isotherm - 2006-12-09 6:31 PM

Update: There's an option in the driver to make it so that pushing in the antenna doesn't turn off the radio, meaning the Jornada can access Wifi with virtually nothing sticking out (like the picture on the left).

Where would I find this option to have the card work while the antenna is retracted?
 Top of the page
wfenix Page Icon Posted 2007-03-29 10:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Where can I get a copy of the driver/software?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2007-03-30 1:49 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Purchasers will be provided a link from which to download the additional driver utility.
 Top of the page
wfenix Page Icon Posted 2007-03-31 11:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

isotherm - I got sent the link (it was a day or two after the card came so I was unsure).

I did find one bug that took me a while to figure out. If the monitor is running and the "radio disabled" is selected when you insert the card the green led will stay green and the OS will freeze. Only by removing the card and soft resetting will it go back to normal. To work around this I set the monitor to 'antenna position' before inserting the card and it worked fine.

Don't know if this is just my 720 or not but I figure I'd let you know
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2007-03-31 12:37 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks for your suggestion, but please post any suggestions or bugs in feature requests thread. I don't visit here very frequently or watch threads. (Also this thread is in the hpcBay section - best not to keep bumping it for bug reports...)

Edited by isotherm 2007-03-31 12:39 PM
 Top of the page
wfenix Page Icon Posted 2007-03-31 12:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

will do from now on, btw it works great and looks even better
 Top of the page
wiredetro Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 11:10 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

What was the trick to finally getting the driver to work on a 728? Was there a way to get the card working without isotherm's software? I've tried to get in touch with him but haven't heard back. In the meantime I'm stuck because I have the 3com xjack card and can get the driver to load but can't get the wlan manager to run.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 5:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wiredetro: only isotherm's solution works. he's great. i wish we'd hear from him again!!
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-06-28 12:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Although it's generally believed that the card does not work on CE .NET machines, I tried it on Skeye.pad SL (CE .NET and StrongArm 206MHz). During the installation, the pad reported incompatibility between the driver and the device/OS, but I went ahead anyway. When I inserted the card, the connection status icon appeared in the tray (and the WLAN monitor also appeared automatically, IIRC). I saw 'scanning' and also 'joining' for a VERY short while and 'scanning' thereafter. It could not pick up the wireless networks. When DHCP failed, it prompted me to assign static IP. I did this but I could not change the channel as it was fixed at 10 while I use channel 2. Finally, I used Execheck to check the driver FVNETR.dll and it simply says 'Invalid File' with OS and Lib file button disabled. Hopeless business! I just wish 3Com wrote the driver the way M$ did for their pocket streets (They warn you it's not compatible with the device but it actually is).

Edited by CAuser 2007-06-28 1:23 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-28 2:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, i tried this on a simpad with strongarm and cenet 4.1. didnt work. was same as on your skeyepad.

p.s. execheck probably said "invalid" because the file was in use.

Edited by cmonex 2007-06-28 2:59 PM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 6:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I have more of these cards available, and my driver utility is included (see pictures of both below). Special HPC:Factor price is $20 plus shipping cost. NOTE: For Jornada 710, 720, and 728 ONLY! If you're interested, please PM me with the following information:
  • Paypal email address (or other payment method)
  • country
  • postal code

Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10