x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

TCMP on Casio with 8mb RAM

1 2
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2006-11-26 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

stereo is basically 2 mono channels, and they can both be different. Stereo is when you hear something like a car driving from left to right. When you convert to mono, you still hear the fade, but both the left and right side are mixed into one channel which is then played on both channels.

Since you do not really have that much power to play mp3's I personally would prefer the quality of the sound itself over left-right effects.

128kbps Stereo = 64 kbps left and 64kbps right.
64 kbps Stereo = 32kbps left and 32kbps right

64kbps Mono = 64kbps left+right (the same as 128kbps stereo without effects)
32kbps mono = 32kbps left+right (the same as 64kbps stereo)

filesize:

example : 128kbps is 4mb in size

64kbps (mono/stereo no difference) is 2mb (allowing 2x as many songs)
32kbps is 1mb (allowing 4x as many songs)

When I used this program, I was doing monotomus work for 8 hours straight. I didnt had an ipod or anything else, so I used my PocketPC as an MP3 player. However, most of the mp3's I have are 320kbps. Since I only had a 512mb card, I didnt really wanted to take only 1 1/2 album with me to work, so I compressed them to 32kbps mono. It didnt sound like cd quality, but it was clear enough to make listening to it enjoyable. With this, I went from 320kbps to 32kbps, meaning 10x the amount of songs I otherwise would have gotten.
That on ShufflePlay kept me happy listening.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-11-26 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I decided on 64kps stereo for my headphones. Thanks for all the information and the nice program, PocketDVD.
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-11-26 6:40 PM
#
For MP3 I'm using 32Kbps MONO Join reencoding it with Nero Wave editor, It's simply good, and easy to use.
For WMA I'm using 16Kbps (WMA for TCPMP are worst).

Butt my processor are 168Mhz

For video I used the same of Benchmark Data Rate: 296Kbps (very low quality )
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.169 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 27