x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Inbox Configuration

grebee Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 1:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've got a Jornada 820 with WIFI hookup to Verizon DSL. I'm trying to configure the Inbox email program to access the Verizon servers. I can receive but can't send. The error message is that something is wrong with the return address. It is typed correctly. Verizon says that the SMTP server needs authentication. In the service setup there is no checkbox for this. Not possible???

I'm also trying to set up a service to ATT Worldnet. Their support says to access port 995 for POP3 server and 465 for SMTP server with broadband connection. How (or can) you set up the ports in Inbox? The error here is can't connect to POP3 server so can't send or receive.

I'm sure I'm hooked to the internet, the servers are typed correctly, and I have the 128 bit security patch installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or at least tell me it can't be done. It's not life or death as I can do Yahoo and AOL email. Right now it is just bugging me cuz email should be so simple to set up.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 3:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Inbox doesn't support Authenticated SMTP. Have a look for a program named 'nPOP' for the H/PC.

I have never tried inbox myself with non-standard ports. Try adding :995 to the end of the POP address and :465 to the end of the SMTP address.
 Top of the page
grebee Page Icon Posted 2005-03-08 12:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the response. I did try the :995 and :465 when reading something for Pocket PC 2003 support but didn't work. Guess I'll just have to give up on this one.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.189 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9