x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

GPS Navigation System

1 2 3
Idan
Idan Page Icon Posted 2006-11-26 6:07 PM
#
hi,
i have a personal navigation device (PND) with a navigation program PocketMap. the pocketmap software has maps only for the US...there are no availabe maps on thier website.
i want to change the software to another navigation program. according to the book the device runs under Windows CE 5.00 Core but i can't get to any menu of the OS...how can install another program?
how can i get to the Start menu?
 Top of the page
kordy
kordy Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 11:19 AM
#
Hi,
I have the same problem on RAC satnav 110 gps receiver (PND): Win CE .NET 4.2 core. There is Route 66 software and I need to install IGO or something else, but I don't know how. I think that I must unlock this device and then I'll be able to install other software. PLEASE HELP ME.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 1:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

this isn' about unlocking... you need additional dlls. have a look around on this forum, search for "execheck" or "executabilitycheck" or "aygshell" etc..
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 2:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The most common way to "open up" these types of devices seems to be replacing a random exe (like the GPS navigation app itslef) with a Windows CE program like a renamed file explorer. For example:

If you have a GPS Nav app on your SD card named "Route 66.exe" you can download a file explorer like GSFinder+ and just replace the real navigation app with the file explorer renamed (after backing up Route 66 of course) to to the same name as the Navigation app. A decent file explorer you can try is GSFinder+ found here:
http://www.geocities.jp/todamitsu2004/GSFinderE.htm

Better yet, if your device already has the Handheld PC shell (suprisingly...most do), you can try this simple EXE I attached that will launch explorer.exe if it is found in your PND's \Windows directory.

Thanks to anathema of the Gizmondo Forums for writing this tiny little program to launch explorer.exe
See the his post here: http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7974&st=40

For a great general guide to hacking these things, check out this article on the GPSPassion forums:
http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/articles.asp?id=147

Enjoy your new H/PC(s)!
PS: Please register on our forums next time you post.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-11-27 2:46 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments autorun (launch explorer by anthema).rar (1KB - 12 downloads)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-27 7:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah i see now the posters didnt even get to the CE shell. sorry.
 Top of the page
kordy Page Icon Posted 2006-11-30 4:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I try GSFinder and it works fine, but I can't install other software. I think that is it because I have a win CE 4.2 and I need WM 2003/SE/2005. (For example iGo soft is for WM) Is it possible to install WM on my GPS ?? If yes, how can I do it ? Thanks for all.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-30 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i doubt it is possible.

but igo should run with some hacks. do you need more info about this?
 Top of the page
Liebaart Page Icon Posted 2006-12-01 5:01 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Find a program called WinCECabManager on the internet. It gives you 20 start-ups before you have to pay for it. With this program, you can change the processor requirement of CAB files to All/CEF. This is the most common problem why standard PPC programs do not install on unlocked GPS devices and similar.
Apart from this, the program allows you to change CAB files in a way to suit you needs and even to make new CAB files. Great stuff.
 Top of the page
kordy Page Icon Posted 2006-12-01 7:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2006-12-01 12:06 AM

i doubt it is possible.

Yes, I need more info!
 Top of the page
Emà!!!
Emà!!! Page Icon Posted 2006-12-01 5:07 PM
#
Liebaart - 2006-12-01 5:01 AM

Find a program called WinCECabManager on the internet. It gives you 20 start-ups before you have to pay for it. With this program, you can change the processor requirement of CAB files to All/CEF. This is the most common problem why standard PPC programs do not install on unlocked GPS devices and similar.
Apart from this, the program allows you to change CAB files in a way to suit you needs and even to make new CAB files. Great stuff.

Yes, a lot of programs have this problem: the installer cab is made for Strong Arm - XScale, but when correcting with WinCeCabManager, the installation works fine. I think there's a way to correct the problem also with hexedit, but with CabManager it's easyer!

With this little hack, we can try all ppc progs on our GPS-ARM-WinCE 4.2 core device, and many of them works!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-01 5:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Liebaart - 2006-12-01 11:01 AM

um.. just use wceloadext and enable "no cpu check" much easier, because you don't need to edit the cabs. if you can't find wceloadext, i'll upload it to my site.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-01 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

kordy - 2006-12-01 1:39 PM

cmonex - 2006-12-01 12:06 AM

i doubt it is possible.

Yes, I need more info!

if the gapi works (igo's own gx.dll), then you just need aygshell.dll, noteprj.dll, toolhelp.dll and if you don't have the tahoma system font then that too. copy all this to windows dir (fonts to windows\font maybe...). package here: http://izemize.fw.hu/igo.zip

and this modified setup.exe instead of igo's own setup.exe: http://izemize.fw.hu/igosetup.zip

report success or failure please. (this is for igo 2006)

Edited by cmonex 2006-12-01 5:39 PM
 Top of the page
kordy Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 11:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I try winCECabManager it works fine, but I always can't execute igo. When I open igo2006.cab in the cabManager there are no restrictions about processor or win. When I try to install igo (double click on igo2006.cab -> install on SD card -> everything ok),but when I execute igo the windows shows this message: Cannot find iGO (or one of its component).Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available. The same message shows too when I want execute Route66 upgrade(Route66 was original program in my device) (install-> ok but execute -> fail). I think that problem is in winCE, some customization or something else. Sorry for my english.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 12:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Have you also downloaded the DLL files mentioned by cmonex in the post above yours?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 2:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

kordy - 2006-12-04 5:23 PM
I think that problem is in winCE, some customization or something else. Sorry for my english.

it is not customization.. your CE is missing dlls - i posted those as CE Geek says.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12