x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Viewpad/Airpad 100 WinCE 3.0 and hpc?

Packrat
Packrat Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 4:26 PM
#
Hi,

A quick question... I couldn't find the Viewsonics in the HCL for this website?

Is the 800x600 10" Viewpad running wince 3.0 considered a pocketpc or hpc?

Basically which apps can I run it? because it isn't a standard pocketpc?

Thanks

Frank

mailto: frankk74@gmail.com
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 6:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The HCL is a list of Hardware accessories, not a list of devices.

It is neither. It is a Tablet PC, and is closer to a H/PC than a P/PC.

You can run anything specifically written for the Windows CE 3.0 core, and may get away with the odd HPC2000 application.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-03-03 1:37 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

There is some confusion about ViewSonic products. You can only find Tablet PCs in their Product area. But obviously (in the past or maybe future plans?) they also have a CE3.0 product which is called ViewPad 100. I saved this link months ago when looking for products with big touch screen and video camera:

http://www.viewsonic.com/support/mobilewireless/superpda/viewpad100/index.htm
 Top of the page
avigodner
avigodner Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 11:13 AM
#
Viewsonic also has airpanel 100 that mechanically identical to viewpad 100 but runs Windows CE.net
I bought one new on ebay quite cheap. You can find a lot on ebay today.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

As C:Amie said, it is neither an HPC nor PPC. But I wouldn't call it a Tablet PC (TPC) either, as it is the name Microsoft gave to the tablet edition of Windows XP.

The most common term for these CE-based tablets is "web tablets". Altho these devices are not limited to the web (the Internet), they are primarily designed for use as a terminal for network services, such as web browsing or remote control.

However, by no means are these devices useless when offline. You can try all the available HPC and CE3 apps as you see fit, and maybe even some PPC apps if you want to be adventurous

One thing I am not sure tho, is whether you can create a partnership in ActiveSync - it depends on the design of each device. If you can't, then you need to use cab files for installations, and you cannot sync data across.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-07 7:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-09-07 11:20 PM

The most common term for these CE-based tablets is "web tablets". Altho these devices are not limited to the web (the Internet), they are primarily designed for use as a terminal for network services, such as web browsing or remote control.

ah, i could never understand why these things are good for remote control. still can't
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9