x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE.net 4.2 cannot remove *.unload files (uninstall)

cebp
cebp Page Icon Posted 2006-11-28 9:49 AM
#
Hi,

I have a WebDT 375 and apparantly cannot uninstall certain programs that create *.unload .

I cannot get Tascal Reg editor to run on this devce nor can I get GSFinder so that I can delete the registry entries and what appears to be hidden ROM files.

I tried the Resco programs and they will not run either. I tried installing the arm dll's from the mfc download from here and still cannot run Tascal, Resco or GSFinder.

I noticed a comment in another thread about regsvrce having to be run on certian dll's, does this include the mfcXXX dll's?

Tia
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-28 10:06 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

try this version of tascal: http://izemize.fw.hu/TRE.exe (must be 150128 bytes after successful download.)

no, the mfc etc. dummy dlls dont have to be registered.

you need the armmfc.zip i.e. hpc mfc redist for the natively compatible handheld pc programs. (if you want to run a pocketpc program, use the arm.zip)

anyway, i think you just tried to run pocketpc versions, you need to use handheld pc versions. in the case of resco, they have specific cenet versions, those are sometimes better than the hpc2000 versions of resco.
 Top of the page
cebp
cebp Page Icon Posted 2006-11-29 3:15 PM
#
Thank you, that did the trick.
 Top of the page
sanco Page Icon Posted 2006-11-29 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex...I'm proud of You! (once again!) (y)
 Top of the page
cebp
cebp Page Icon Posted 2006-12-03 8:52 AM
#
With the arm.zip files installed and the armmfc.zip some dialog boxes take up the entire screen with no way to minimize them. Some programs run, but display an empty grey sctreen with no way to clos ethe application. I did not overwrite any system dll's when I copied these additional ddl's over.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-03 3:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what is the resolution of your device?

anyway, some ppc app dialogs do behave like that. you will need to send enter to the dialog or maybe esc if you don't want to change the settings in the dialog. or if that doesn't work (sometimes), use okapp.

what programs display the empty grey screen?
 Top of the page
cebp
cebp Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 2:01 PM
#
The resolution is 800 x 600 so far I have noticed that the cab instaler screen does it, but that at least gives me the ok button.

Small Tweak does the entire screen grey with no buttons or titlebar and I had to use Tilliansoft's close all to shut it.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 2:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

smalltweak? that should have a native hpc version, did you try that?

or try another aygshell.
 Top of the page
cebp
cebp Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 5:04 PM
#
Small Tweak is native h/pc, but for 2.11 and up (I think) devices. I tried it's ppc counterpart Pocket Tweak and that wouldn't run at all.

Where to get another aygshell?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 7:39 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hpc version of smalltweak works great on my cenet 4.2 stuff

aygshells are on my site
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.172 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10