x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can we use wireless internet on HP jornada 680e ?

Cook Smart
Cook Smart Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 6:59 PM
#
Hi!

Can we use wireless internet on Jornada 680e(refurbished). If yes, How? What kind of PCMIA card we can use?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 7:19 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

What in the blazing world is wrong with you?! You incompetent fool! How many bloody times do I have to tell you new users to look around first!!! It is like you all have these tiny ashen brains the size of a newts!!! Do you all expect us to just answer your ignorant questions again, and again, and again?! This is a bore!!! This forum is being spammed by you minisculed-brained idiots!!! We have a support section! We have an HCL!!! We exn have threads ALREADY IN PLACE ABOUT THE SAME TOPICS!!!

This had better stop soon. This has been going on far too long and threads that actually have importance ARE BEING COVERED UP BY YOU BLOODY, TRIPLE LAYERED, STEEL SKULLED IDIOTS!!!

If you want to annoy someone, talk to smarterchild!!!

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2005-03-02 7:26 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 7:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

post 460

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2005-03-02 7:21 PM
 Top of the page
Wayne
Wayne Page Icon Posted 2005-03-23 4:54 PM
#
Why would ANYONE want to participate in a forum with replies like that?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-23 5:23 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Oh no.......
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-23 6:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Unfortunetly we all get out of the wrong side of the bed from time to time. Just shrug it off. When it gets personal it'll be moderated, until then everyone is entitled to an opinion.
 Top of the page
jasf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 9:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Regardless of the heat it seems like this had an appropriate title. Having struggled with this for some weeks I'm beginning to doubt that we "can use wireless internet on a jornada 680e". I am trying to set up one using a Belkin F5D6060 to connect to a D-link DI-614+ (RevA) router. I have installed the SP1 patch. I have other PC's in the network although only one was active when I was testing. If I use a "vanilla" network setup, use DHCP to get an address, no entries in Gateway or the name servers I get the "could not obtain address" error. If I put in an address and use the router IP for the Gateway and both DNS and WINS the CF card lights up. If I bring up the test suite I find that I can ping the router and external IPs although not URLs, receiving a "can't find" error. Interestingly, though I can ping I can't do a trace to the same IP. Needless to say IE doesn't work with either IPs or URLs. I've been to Belkin support, went to top level but they were stumped. Any ideas? Jim
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 12:25 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-03-02 7:19 PM

What in the blazing world is wrong with you?! You incompetent fool! How many bloody times do I have to tell you new users to look around first!!! It is like you all have these tiny ashen brains the size of a newts!!! Do you all expect us to just answer your ignorant questions again, and again, and again?! This is a bore!!! This forum is being spammed by you minisculed-brained idiots!!! We have a support section! We have an HCL!!! We exn have threads ALREADY IN PLACE ABOUT THE SAME TOPICS!!!

This had better stop soon. This has been going on far too long and threads that actually have importance ARE BEING COVERED UP BY YOU BLOODY, TRIPLE LAYERED, STEEL SKULLED IDIOTS!!!

If you want to annoy someone, talk to smarterchild!!!

Well, I'm getting a little tired of posting these wave files but I thought this one was appropriate, for you PmS.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IDIOTA-1.wav (13KB - 94 downloads)
 Top of the page
jasf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 12:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well thanks for responding. My difficulty is that after perusing a few hundred posts I have tried all that seemed applicable without success. I was therefor beseeching you esteemed experts for some additional assistance. Jim
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi!

could you give an account about what you were doing?
in the first place, did you install this driver for your card - BKF5D.H211SH3.CAB?
it should be the right one... sorry if it was too obvious
are your wlan network secured/its ssid closed? try it with the default settings (no wep, no nothing). try to disable f***ing DHCP and type in your ISP's dns settings for DNS, not the router's ip. (i was struggling with this too!) i don't think wins is needed.
i'm afraid you've been already through these.. but maybe.. at least someone tried to help
if it doesn't work out, try buying another card that already IS reported to work with a 680! (just look in the forums here)
important: believe me, you CAN use wifi with your jornada! don't give up.

Edited by cmonex 2005-04-01 2:05 PM
 Top of the page
jasf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 3:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the help. I'll verify the driver when I get home. If that isn't the one I used where can I download the cab from. I'll also try the DNS. I picked the Belkin card since it is listed and am a little loath to give up on it unless I have to. Jim
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 6:25 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Wayne - 2005-03-23 1:54 PM

Why would ANYONE want to participate in a forum with replies like that?

It was not a personal attack but rather at all the people who were repeating threads. Just like how there were MANY threads exactly the same as this one, causing no reason for this one to be made. If you want to talk about making people not want to be on a forum, what you just said is now on google. I marked the paper, but you ripped it.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 10:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

well ... there was one forum I once visited (and cannot remember anymore where) such that after posting a new thread, the system searches the forum for similar keywords and list out threads that are related. The post remains at preview mode with the list of related links that allow the poster to go through the links before posting the new thread.

Oh ya, I remember now. Its forum/Knowledge Base for Orinoco/Proxim support website.

Maybe this can be useful for future feature.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11