x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Map program for 2.11...?

1 2
evolbabyslime Page Icon Posted 2005-03-03 1:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I 'm unable to use my Microsoft Pocket Streets as it does not support W CE 2.11.
No ifs ands or buts....@#!@$%^

CAn anyone recommend a map or gps program that I can use?

TIA
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-03-03 6:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The older version of Pocket Streets should work fine, just not the newer 2005 version perhaps. But you didn't specify your HPC model. Henry has the PS2001 available for download at his site:

http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/j7xx.html

Also you can convert the newer Pocket Streets maps with a program called PSConvert.

http://revolution.cx/rcx/pstreets.htm

I however use a program called Street Wizard which I really like.

http://www.streetwizard.com/products/mobile_prods.htm

Rich
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-03-03 1:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey Rich,
It says Street Wizard for CE is not compatible with CE.NET So does it work on the 900C or not?
 Top of the page
evolbabyslime Page Icon Posted 2005-03-03 10:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Of course...I'm running the Joranada 680e w/ CE 2.11 (service pack 1).

If those are compatible w/ that.....?
I'll try them.

I did try Pocket streets '03 and '04 to no avail.....

Top of the page
Logan Page Icon Posted 2005-03-03 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I understand your frustration...I have the new Microsoft 2005 Streets and lo and behold! even though the minimal requirements are met (I have the NEC MobilePro 780) some odd reason that Microsoft can't understand, the PS app won't load to the HPC. And, evidently not the first time this has happened in the past with HPCs and Microsoft. Seems to be associated with the hardware, go figure. Though earlier versions work quite nicely, thank you. Earlier Pocket Streets, that is. But I really would like to have the latest streets, eh? Still looking for the work-around...
 Top of the page
evolbabyslime Page Icon Posted 2005-03-04 12:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry... I have an HP Joranada 680e, running wCE 2.11 w/ service pack 1.
 Top of the page
evolbabyslime Page Icon Posted 2005-03-04 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the info!
I've uploaded pocket streets 2001 and it works great, or at least better than nothing.
Downloaded maps and converted them w/ no problems.

Only problem I'm having is when I try to look up an address it tells me that the "available memory is not sufficient. Close some applications or windows, and try again".
I don't have any other windows or apps. running.

I allocated more memory to programs than storage and it still gives me that error.

Do I need to get a larger CF card.

By default HP 680e has 16mb; I added another 16mb card I had laying around.

Help! Help!

This is my main purpose for this thing!

Please, that is
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-04 3:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The Map Converter to use MapPoint 2002+ maps in H/PC Pocket Streets removes a lot of the information from the data files, yes it leaves the maps, but the actualy data is predominantly culled from it.

This could be causing your problem.
 Top of the page
Mike
Mike Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 1:32 PM
#
Streets and Trips 2002 works great. Has anyone got GPS to work with a 680e?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 2:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Takwu...Street Wizard works fine with the 900C....author didn't know that at the time he did up the web page...everything works fine.

But it isn't free like MS Streets....

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2005-03-13 2:38 PM
 Top of the page
HPCPRO
HPCPRO Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 9:27 PM
#
Microsoft Pocket Streets 2002 works on HPCs, all plataforms supported.The you donĀ“t need to export maps.
 Top of the page
fastcar Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 2:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I understand the frustration. I have PS 2002 which works fine, but would like the GPS option which is enabled in the update. But when I try to load the update into my 680e, it states that this device is not supported! I think it is a problem with the SH3 processor. Has anyone had success with the update? All I want is to be able to have GPS capability in an easily available program.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 8:24 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The GPS update is for the 3.0 core (and the PPC API), while hacking may be a remote possibility under HPC2000, the 680 just doesn't support the programming.
 Top of the page
abodsalas
abodsalas Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 3:20 PM
#

I work with GIS programs in my PC. There we make maps. I've on the road with my jornada 820, connected throug the serial adapter to a Magellan 330. It's great !!! I can save waypoint directly from my jornada and add it to a Arcview compatible shapefile. The ESRI software Arcpad is fantastic. It reads my GPS and constantly updates my position.

ABS
 Top of the page
adol7
adol7 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 5:42 PM
#
I'll have to look into that rigging of PS2002 w/ GPS for the 720. I have the CF GPS that came bundled with Streets & Trips 2005 (works w/ my PocketPC). I haven't tested anything GPS related yet w/ the 720. I'm actually surprised more people haven't talked about/tested the unit (Pharos GPS-360 w/ CF adapter). I don't see it on the HCL at least.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11