x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Chinese G138 Review: Anyone know the application?

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 5:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This is quite interesting

http://arch.pconline.com.cn/digital/textlib/pda/p02/10308/207548_8.html

It's the mid point of a Chinese review of the SmartBook G138, which has a lot of photo's. Does anyone know what the application is? It's displaying the stock market. It's a really interesting use for the device!

The Chiense configuration has a few interesting differences (and apps) too by the look of it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 6:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

While browsing the Web for software sites last night, I came across one site that had several apps for managing stock portfolios, but I don't remember the site. I should be able to retrace my steps and find it; however, the applications were for Pocket PCs. (Maybe they can work in an H/PC with some hacking?)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 10:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm specifically intersted in this application because of the screen use of the G138, it looks natively designed for it. Not to mention the grqphics use. Could be interesting to see where they get their data feeds from and whether it can be adjusted to use a western data feed.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 12:05 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I wonder if it's a terminal application, Chris...
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Farch.pconline.com.cn%2Fdigital%2Ftextlib%2Fpda%2Fp02%2F10308%2F207548_5.html&langpair=zh-CN%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

But then the last screenshots look like they're integrated with a trading environment. hmm. Intriguing!
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 12:20 PM
#
One screenshot shows the start menu... which is considerably more populated than the English one...

Some of those apps' look very interesting...

http://arch.pconline.com.cn/digital/textlib/pda/p02/10308/pic/030806_awu_pda_smartbook_G138_013.jpg

Edited by chazco 2006-12-05 12:21 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 2:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

chazco you could find that customized english image.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 3:35 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Customised?

You read my mind Chazco.
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 3:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

man, no one know more about this than me.

no doubt , this app displays data feeds of stock market from the net, at least at its release date.

but now, it is useless. first, the data connection needs accounts from some chinese stock services provider. i see extremely little chance that u can hack it into western format.

second, the original service provider stopped this service long ago. you can still register accounts for viewing stock data on your pc, but not on your g138. the appz now just can not receive live data.

what u can do now is only clicking on menus and see what those once-upon-time functions look iike
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 3:47 PM
#
Does anyone know what any of the other applications shown in those screenshots do?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 4:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

iamjoe - 2006-12-05 8:41 PM

man, no one know more about this than me.

no doubt , this app displays data feeds of stock market from the net, at least at its release date.

but now, it is useless. first, the data connection needs accounts from some chinese stock services provider. i see extremely little chance that u can hack it into western format.

second, the original service provider stopped this service long ago. you can still register accounts for viewing stock data on your pc, but not on your g138. the appz now just can not receive live data.

what u can do now is only clicking on menus and see what those once-upon-time functions look iike

I have but one thing to say to that.

Darn!

ok, two things...

Thanks for the info
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 4:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-12-05 9:35 PM

Customised?

You read my mind Chazco.

yeah, chazco said he found a customized english 4.2 image (with flash and whatnot built in) on some japanese site.
 Top of the page
AKG Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 8:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Try this link
This company is well-known by its M-stock related products (both H/W & S/W)
But you have to join its membership to enjoy real time stock messages
I think it's the best selling handheld device in Taiwan during WINCE 2.11 period
And it's getting more versatile
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-12-06 2:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Alot of Asian market computers come with extra software that westerners don't see in their native computers.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-12-06 2:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

chazco - 2006-12-06 3:47 AM

Does anyone know what any of the other applications shown in those screenshots do?

not much useful. a flash5 player, an e-c dictionary, some games and Contacts, In-box, Calendar and RDP. all is chinese version
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 35