x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPC handheld wannabe

1 2
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2005-05-26 7:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The PSP is a well made machine, IMO. Screen is still too small for the games I'd like to play (like that RPG they have, which is very cool, but a bit cramped), but it does look good, and the games have very nice graphics. (We have a PSP at work.)

I like the Nokia machine better, though. It's slightly smaller than a paperback and has a resolution of over 200dpi, so if the screen is good, it will make a pretty good eBook reader (given the right software -- that's probably the main problem). Could have made for a decent movie player, too, given the wide screen format, but seems like there won't be enough space on the flash cards for that, which is a pity. With a bluetooth keyboard, seems to me like it'd be a nice multi-purpose machine. Software will probably be the key issue.

Edit: A web search showed that RS-MMC cards of 1GB capacity are already available, so video may be an option after all (though an expensive one).

Edited by ET3D 2005-05-26 7:58 PM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-05-27 4:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Snappy! - 2005-05-26 6:12 AM
. . . more folks to rip off good designs, improve on it (like putting in Opera) and give it to the mass by lowering the price-line . . .

mmm, I'm still undecided whether the Nexio is a really good design. It's got weight balance problems when you try to thumb type - really top heavy. And I think it's dpi is way too high. MS had to change the UI for VGA PPCs with similar dpi.

I also wouldn't say for sure if Opera is an "improvement" over IE 5.5

And finally, as expensive as the Nexio is... I do not think this Nokia can be much cheaper, if not more expensive
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-27 9:59 AM
#
H/PC Elder

takwu - 2005-05-27 2:44 AM

Snappy! - 2005-05-26 6:12 AM
. . . more folks to rip off good designs, improve on it (like putting in Opera) and give it to the mass by lowering the price-line . . .

mmm, I'm still undecided whether the Nexio is a really good design. It's got weight balance problems when you try to thumb type - really top heavy. And I think it's dpi is way too high. MS had to change the UI for VGA PPCs with similar dpi.

I also wouldn't say for sure if Opera is an "improvement" over IE 5.5

And finally, as expensive as the Nexio is... I do not think this Nokia can be much cheaper, if not more expensive

hehe ... I only tried Opera awhile on the desktop, and yeah, I forgot that the Nexio has IE5.5 instead of PIE4.01! ... so I guess that kinda tips the balance abit ... but the $350 price tag sways heavily in favor of the Nokia.

Since it is not a mobile device, there is no service plan that is so associated with Nokia phone products, $350 is then the actual price. Hmmm ... what am I rambling about??
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 8:35 AM
#
H/PC Elder

http://www.eprice.com.tw/news/?news_id=2913

I think we've seen this one before ... but not in its full glory ...

I think its slightly shorter than a 680/720 but longer than a SharpZ 680. Swivels like a tabletPC or a SharpZ or a Sony Clie ...
 Top of the page
ET3D Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 3:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah, looks like the T-Mobile MDA IV (http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5870.html) only in Chinese.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

htc universal again.. (MDA IV, VPA IV, etc..)

http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3586.html

cool pics... and as i already saw a nokia 9500 i can imagine now what the htc universal will be like... much better than i thought!

oh, and some other good pics..

http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3584.html

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-03 12:55 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9