x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Internet Explorer Error with Yahoo!

Newbie_5550_Owner Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 10:01 PM
#
Avatar image of Newbie_5550_Owner
H/PC Newbie

Ok, my name is slightly misleading. I've owned several HP IPAQs through the years and have (luckily) had this 5550 for about 2-3 now. No problems. Runs like a champ... syncs up no prob.

But I was out of town Monday and happened to have some down time and a WAP near by so I pulled out my trusty 5550 and hopped online. I decided to check my Fantasy Football team and when I browsed to the Yahoo! website, it came up with this thing saying...

"Yahoo!"
Why miss out? To see all the new Yahoo! home page has to offer, please upgrade to a more recent browser.

Supported browsers include:
Internet Explorer 7
Firefox 1.5
Safari 2.0
Opera 8.5

Ok, I've resisted with all effort from switching ANY of my computers to IE7 (I hate it but that's for another thread) and I'm sure that my little 5550 won't run it anyway.

Can anyone please help me to update my IE or uninstall IE and install a new browser program? I'd like to stick with IE but I'll listen to advice. I'm pretty new to digging into my PPC so detailed instructions on where to find things that you want to know about my 5550 would be greatly appreciated (as will the help!)

Thx!
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

There is one way around that. Use Yahoo's wap to access its mobile pages. Doesnt have *all* the bells and whistles of the normal webpage, but enough to access email, news, sports, weather etc etc.

http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 10:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

While you're here, you might want to look into Handheld PCs, which are the focus of this site.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9