x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 screen sensitivity

[Frozen]
Frozen
ledthrax Page Icon Posted 2006-12-08 5:27 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm having a problem with my Jornada 720 that recalibration doesn't fix. Tapping the screen works fine for the left 2/3 of the screen but the right 1/3 doesn't seem to work very well and sometimes not at all. I can rarely get the 4 buttons on the right side of the screen to work when tapping or even when pressing pretty hard on them. This is also true for some icons on the right side of the screen next to those 4 buttons. The left side of the screen works just fine with light taps.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know of a fix? This just started happening during the last week or so.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
GeoJEEP Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, I have the same / similar problem on my J720 - i'm recalibrating often. I use keystrokes where-ever possible. I thought it must be a problem with the screen calibration executable(?) I find that the right hand buttons need to be tapped about 3/8th inch above the actual icon towards top of unit. Elsewhere on screen i find sometimes my taps will initiate an icon below where I'm tapping.

I thought it was just my heavy-hand on the screen - do people recalibrate this often??

Thanks in advance also
 Top of the page
ledthrax Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 9:44 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I actually have mine working fine now. I did a soft reset, calibrated again, and it has been working just fine with light touches.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 10:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

my jornadas don't have this problem, i never need to recalibrate. you either didn't calibrate it very precisely (and YES, use light touches while calibrating and afterwards too) or a connector is loose or some other hw problem.
 Top of the page
robertoteles
robertoteles Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 12:21 PM
#
This problem it's fixed, cleaning flex and component inside the HPC, here is i very accurate guide to make this, good look Disasemby
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 1:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thread closed

I suspect that, after three years, most users with this problem have found the solution you link, especially since it's right here on this site.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10