x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS Resource: [USA] MobilePro 900 Series batteries for $14.98

Bob305
Bob305 Page Icon Posted 2006-12-09 9:19 AM
#
I found these at "Laptops for Less" while doing a search for batteries for my Mobilepro 900c. They are after market OP-MP9 2200 mAh batteries on clearance for $14.98 and on top of that they have free shipping on orders over $30.

Link http://store.l-f-l.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg=prod&ref=OP-MP9-BATTERY
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 5:29 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Any one buy one of these Laptops for Less MP 900 batteries? Can we trust the seller Laptops for less? Are these true NEC batteries as the ad wants us to think?

--Bruised
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

bruisedquasar - 2006-12-16 5:29 PM

Any one buy one of these Laptops for Less MP 900 batteries? Can we trust the seller Laptops for less? Are these true NEC batteries as the ad wants us to think?

--Bruised

ResellerRatings to the rescue!
 Top of the page
Michael Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 7:51 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 8:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

bruisedquasar - 2006-12-16 11:29 PM

--Bruised

no they are aftermarket batteries. i bought two, they are ok, the second one has something loose inside though. no capacity is written on them. they look identical to the original NEC ones except no serial no or NEC logo. but brand new. the shop is fine, reliable and etc.

the ones Michael gave a link to are original NEC batteries, they have a barcode sticker on them, you can take them off, and they are used but when i bought a set from them, 5 out of 5 were working. so i can believe seller did test them.
 Top of the page
Bob305
Bob305 Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 5:56 AM
#
As I said in the original post they are after market batteries. They look Identical to the original batteries and apparently were made for Laptops for Less as they are listed on the label. It states they are “Standard Li-Ion battery pack Output 7.4V”, the website states they are 2200 mAh but this is not listed on the label, it looks like they were manufactured in January of 2004. They say they are closing them out at half price, I didn’t verify that, but probably are trying to reduce old stock as it appears a lot of businesses have depreciated their 900c’s and are replacing them with new equipment.

I bought 2 they took a charge quickly, nothing rattles in mine and they look great on my 900c. I also bought a 10-foot USB mini B cable for $5 got free FedEx shipping and had them in 2 days. I’ve never done business with Laptops for Less before but would buy from them again based on this experience.

Bob305
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2006-12-21 3:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for the info Bob. I ordered two of them from Laptopsforless, my first order from them, and an 8' USB A cord. They are half off too. I will post my experience with LFL. I ordered after 2:30pm, so it will not ship until tomorrow.

--Bruised
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-21 4:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

got three more from them (two more went to someone else), testing them currently.

-i mean the ebay seller with 5-battery packages.

Edited by cmonex 2006-12-21 4:24 PM
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-12-21 5:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Slightly OT: Can MP 900 series batteries re-celled ala Jornada?

Just curious. I would think so, unless they have the same problems as the 6651.

O’flash
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-21 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oflash - 2006-12-21 11:04 PM

Slightly OT: Can MP 900 series batteries re-celled ala Jornada?

Just curious. I would think so, unless they have the same problems as the 6651.

O’flash

yes they can, a friend have had this done, they are standard 18650 cells, and iirc it is not a "smart" battery. but it is not worth recelling yet, 2600 mAh vs 2200 mAh isn't such a great performance difference.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 15